LEDs on the beach!

ikendu

Flashlight Enthusiast
My wife and I just got back from a few days in Florida and we enjoyed going out to the beach at low tide to look for shells. A lot of this was at night...so, we took our LED flashlights! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

We used one Infinity Ultra and one PT Attitude.

This was one of those few times that I would have liked a little brighter light although it was really nice not to have your night vision overwhelmed so you could enjoy the night sky (very little light pollution where we went). The brightness level worked (we found LOTS of shells), but a little more would have been nice (should have taken my MiniMag with BB400).

The really neat thing was to see other folks with flashlights with their weak, orangy incandescents! Our smooth, white beams made it really easy to spot the shells we wanted. Thanks CPF for all of the great information that was available to me to find out about LEDs!

JohnK

Flashlight Enthusiast
I vacation in Hilton Head a couple of times a year.

Our last two trips saw yours truely skulking around the beach after dark with my new TL-2, and TL-3 LED lights. Really perfect for beach combing, with the wonderful, very wide peripheral spill from both lights, plus a nice hot spot for distance. Perfect.

I am hoping my soon-to-come Pelican M6 LED is even better than the TL-2. We'll see soon.

StuU

Enlightened
Last Fall at Cape Cod National Park(Mass), I had my E2e with me. A lot of people out after dark with dim flashlights. Sort of neat to light up breaking waves 100 yards from shore with a light that can be hidden in one hand.

Stu

----------------------------
"The poets were not alone in sanctioning myths, for long before the poets the states and the lawmakers had sanctioned them as a useful expedient.... They needed to control the people by superstitious fears, and these cannot be aroused without myths and marvels."
-- Strabo, Geographia, bk. 1, sct. 2, subsct. 8

woodsman

Newly Enlightened
Glad you had a great time in Florida.
Oh yeah, the orange incans. My SFL5 makes my SFM6 look sickly. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I went shelling on the beach earlier this year. Sanibel...Florida and yea...lot of other beach combers out there doing the same thing...with sad, very sad lights...they would walk by and I couldn`t help think to myself...what a looser light. A few even asked me where we got the "white lights" at. We had a Streamlight 2D twin task, a Streamlight 3AA LS and a old Expedition 7 led light (still a sweety after all these years).

Ken