Mountain Electronics & Customized Light Orders?

wolfgaze

Enlightened
I'm very interested in placing an order for a customized light from Mountain Electronics. However when you view the item pages for many of the flashlights offered on the website - it appears that the option/service to have your light customized is unavailable and not being offered at this time...

I was wondering if anyone has any information about Mountain Electronics's operations and whether or not this option/service will be available again soon.... I did send an email over a week ago about the availability of one of the Custom lights and haven't heard anything back...

Thanks in advance...

carl

Flashlight Enthusiast
Budgetlightforum (BLF) member RMM (Richard) is the owner and can be more readily found there.

One of the common reasons for unavailable services is that the parts (hosts, LEDs, drivers) are not available for the build. If you go to BLF, there will be many members who can answer your questions when Richard is not available for whatever reason.

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Budgetlightforum (BLF) member RMM (Richard) is the owner and can be more readily found there.

One of the common reasons for unavailable services is that the parts (hosts, LEDs, drivers) are not available for the build. If you go to BLF, there will be many members who can answer your questions when Richard is not available for whatever reason.

Thank you...

Clm65

Newly Enlightened
I've been waiting months, trying to order a nichia p60 drop in from him. He must really be busy.

The Burgh

Newly Enlightened
I know Richard fairly well. I make no excuses for any of his delays. But I do ask that everyone, just for those moments when he lapses in communications, acknowledge the roles he plays every single day:

Practicing attorney.
Dedicated husband.
Active Father of two youngsters.
Manager of business, entailing inventory, repairs, builds, blogging, website, shipping, finance, etc.

Through all of this, he maintains a sterling reputation in a low margin business which is filled with we impatient flashaholics.

NOTE: All of the above is public information and well known.

antiqueplectra

Newly Enlightened
I am relatively new to the wonderful world of flashlights (hola everyone!) and, luckily for me, I discovered Mountain Electronics early on. I have now done a fair amount of business with them and Richard (and Lisa) have been absolutely wonderful to work with. They are honest and trustworthy so I highly recommend that you enlist their services and just be patient. You won't regret it. Richard's builds/mods are wonderful and I love the mega m6 that I just received. It's absolutely inspiring!

Crazyeddiethefirst

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would like to add my 2 cents. Any time I have emailed to ask him a question, he has always responded, and usually pretty quick. Thanks, The Burgh, I was unaware of the above info. Every order I have ever placed has been excellent and I would recommend him to any of my friends and fellow CPF'rs.

adnj

Enlightened
The custom orders are sometimes done in batches when the parts arrive. Sometimes the work that has been suspended doesn't return. Rmm moves on to other types of (better!) projects that appear on the site. His thread (about 7k entries) is where you get the info on what is coming up. The webstore is really there to facilitate order and payment. Good luck.

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
Richard will also sometimes make new custom builds "unavailable" at his shop when he gets backlogged with orders. He'll stop taking new custom orders till he catches up.

His shop is the best there is for getting top quality custom flashlight parts at an affordable price, and his custom builds are excellent. Very, very highly recommended!:twothumbs

wolfgaze

Enlightened
Richard will also sometimes make new custom builds "unavailable" at his shop when he gets backlogged with orders. He'll stop taking new custom orders till he catches up.

Makes sense and I figured that may be what's going on...

I really want to place an order for a Convoy S3 Triple EDC - that's what I'm waiting on...