Olight S2A

narmattaru

Enlightened
New Olight 2xAA flashlight with TIR-optics
Specifications

d22357.jpg

f1aaf5.jpg

797ad6.jpg

The last picture says that batteries, included in package are rechargeable, this is a mistake. Anyway numbers are good : brightness, runtime, number of modes.
Design of package is typical to Olight, looks decent. There is a flashlight inside, tied by the spare O-ring to it`s paper "throne", with manual under it.

91eb8b.jpg

480348.jpg

316c60.jpg

The handle is covered with something rubber-like, that seriously improves grip. There is no cooling ribs, but for this size and constant maximum brightness it`s ok.
I like how it look. This is my 1st​ 2xAA light, and I must admit that I was seriously mistaking thinking that this kind of light source didn`t deserve my attention. S2A sits well in palmp (oh, I hope I chose proper words, here my English comes to limit)
f8c660.jpg

cfd9be.jpg

438fb6.jpg

02ef77.jpg

2e8af2.jpg

But I also have some dislikes.
Tir lense is really a reasonable choice for this sort of flashlight, but I suppose it would be a right decision to cover it!
d87db7.jpg

f8c69f.jpg

4dd50e.jpg

2nd​ dislike is that it`s not that easy (for me) to find button. May be I just have to get used to it. Ah, yeah, button also have some sort of backlight which is a positive addition to S2A appearance.
S2A is too long to carry it IN pocket, but really convenient to attach it ONTO pocket
e4e94e.jpg

Thread is greased well. There is coils at both side of flashlight.

bcf8f3.jpg

5f54b6.jpg

2fa69d.jpg

UI.
Though I never was fan of Olight UI, after couple of days of using S2A and R50 I began to find it convenient.
Keep button pressed - moonlights is on
Single press – light is on (there is modes memory)
Keep button press and choose required brightness.
2 times quick press from OFF – instant turbo
3х-times – STROBE\SOS

There is also an opportunity to turn S2A off using 3\9 min timer. When light is on, press button 2 times (1 blink) – timer is set to 3 min, or press 3 times (light blinks 2 times) – timer is set to 9 min.

Flashlight has wide side light, really wide and so good for near field work. Yet at the same time 550 lumens of turbo mode give provides bright beam , so unexpected for flashlight of this size. So if there is something in distance like 100 yards, you`ll see it. 550 lumens look sooo useful in this case, and 3 minute stepdown from turbo is a reasonable period.
Light is cold. Here are beamshots, taken from the distance like 1-2 inches. When I moved S2A little bit more away from the wall, hotspot immediately dissolved in radial blur, provided by TIR
bimsohots.gif

SLAIS.gif

koridor-s2a.gif

IMG_1204.gif

Here is unpacking and some live examples of S2A light.

Overall.
I Iiked it. Though this type of lights is definitely not EDC and designed for particular needs, the one who is interested in kinda of inspection flashlight, will find a good assistant in S2A.

Last edited: