What is the current pocket lumen king?

witness

Newly Enlightened
I haven't been paying attention to lights much over the last few years as my original SC600 is still pretty impressive but...
I just got the Zebralight SC600 Mk111 and the high output is just INSANE. It makes me wonder just what other nutty stuff might be out there. I love small portable pocket lights. Is there anything out there that can outdo the Mk111?

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are triples which can get brighter - but it will be mostly a floody beam. They will also likely run on 18350 cells so runtime will be less.

I don't know of much else in that size that will take a 18650 and provide similar output. Maybe the Nitecore MH20GT?

There are other lights similar in size to the Surefire 6P, maybe a little bit longer or wider, that will take 18650 cells and produce more lumens using newer LEDs like the XHP50 and XHP70, but those will also be pretty floody lights.

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Current "pocket" king is a PR-1 by PKDL.
Sustained 420 lumens until the single 123, RCR123 or 16340 give out. Nicknamed pocket rocket for a reason.

He also has a 1 triple A called the PL-2 that sustains 110 until the fuel cell konks out. Nicknamed the pocket burner.

Last edited:

ShineOnYouCrazyDiamond

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm not a fan of the PK lights. I think it's either a like them or not kinda design.

I don't think 420 lumen, sustained or not, really qualifies as a lumen king light when 1000 is readily available.

witness

Newly Enlightened
There are triples which can get brighter - but it will be mostly a floody beam. They will also likely run on 18350 cells so runtime will be less.

I don't know of much else in that size that will take a 18650 and provide similar output. Maybe the Nitecore MH20GT?

There are other lights similar in size to the Surefire 6P, maybe a little bit longer or wider, that will take 18650 cells and produce more lumens using newer LEDs like the XHP50 and XHP70, but those will also be pretty floody lights.

Dude, you do realize that the Mk111 is putting out 1300 lumens in turbo and 670 lumens in hi right? Like I said, this is INSANE!!!!

witness

Newly Enlightened
In a "pocket" light?
I took that to mean pants pocket, not jacket pocket.

Yup. I like small. In other words it's sort of lumens to size ratio I'm looking to maximize. In everyday terms my actual favourites are powerful lights small enough to use on a keychain and which are always in my pocket (like the Olight S1 Baton).

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
not a fan of PK lights or PK in general really. Sure there are lights like the Manker E14 which are something like 1400 at turn on but that literally only last a few seconds. The ZL's are your current non custom yet practical and EDCable lights at the above mentioned outputs. I will add should I be wearing a coat with bigger pockets my new ET GX30AD with both the main emitter and diffuser on max is so bright it leaves me seeing spots..

witness

Newly Enlightened

res1cue

Newly Enlightened
not a fan of PK lights or PK in general really. Sure there are lights like the Manker E14 which are something like 1400 at turn on but that literally only last a few seconds. The ZL's are your current non custom yet practical and EDCable lights at the above mentioned outputs. I will add should I be wearing a coat with bigger pockets my new ET GX30AD with both the main emitter and diffuser on max is so bright it leaves me seeing spots..

also to add to that manker is astrolux sc, 1400 on 14500, my current edc