• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired -SOLD-Modded 2D maglight for sale Price reduced-$75.

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,

Up for sale today are a pair of modded 2D maglites I started in April and only recently finished. Both lights are built for use with 8 NIMH AA cells in custom 4s2p battery carriers. Alkaline use is not recommended due to high amp draw.

nknGWgy.jpg
[/IMG]

Both mags sport aluminum heatsinks, quad-bored battery tubes, and FET drivers featuring 4 mode (Low-Med-High-Turbo) STAR firmware with off time memory.

JOqHEo1.jpg
[/IMG]

The blue mag is a quad Nichia 219c D320 in 70+ CRI on Noctigon driven to around 20 amps by 8 freshly charged eneloops (cells not included). This light featured smooth S2 reflectors and a borofloat lens. The build techniques for flashlight and battery holder are nearly identical to those described in this thread. I would estimate output at around 3500 lumens with full cells.

kAH0GXw.jpg
[/IMG]
AjACYyZ.jpg
[/IMG]

The gray mag features an XM-L2 U2 3D emitter on a 31.5mm Maxtoch DTP MCPCB driven to around 8 amps by 8 full but rested eneloops. Output should be in the 1600 lumen range with full cells. I have tested this light extensively with rested eneloops and have had zero issues at seven to eight amps, however, this light should not be run on turbo with cells hot off the charger as emitter damage may result. The heatsink is copper wrapped aluminum rod and I used extra long 22 gauge silicone wires to increase resistance a bit. The use of a rebel reflector and a UCL lens from flashlightlens.com makes this flashlight an excellent thrower.

Or2SPDQ.jpg
[/IMG]
JmcY3En.jpg
[/IMG]

Beam shots as promised.
First the Quad.

u24TTm0.jpg
[/IMG]

Now the XM-L2 on the right vs. a Fenix TK 41 with an XM-L2 1D on the left in both pics.

5S8E5ni.jpg
[/IMG]
HohqSm7.jpg
[/IMG]

Price including CONUS shipping is $85 for the gray mag and $100 for the blue. BLUE IS SOLD! Price reduced on the grey to $75

Battery holders are included.
International buyers pay additional shipping.
First reply with "I'll take it" followed by PM gets the light.
My paypal address is [email protected]

Thanks for looking,
Brian

Last edited:

slow2go

Newly Enlightened
Re: Modded 2D maglights for sale.

Hi. B

I will take the Blue one.

Thanks
Slow

Paypal Sent

Last edited:

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Thanks Slow,

I knew I could count on you!

B

Weld Inspector

Enlightened

The blue one looked pretty sweet I was too slow on this one I've been considering a modded mag

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice builds here. Great pics.
Please leave the sell price in the ad though for future reference corn others to see. :thumbsup:

thanks

djans1397

Flashlight Enthusiast

Nice builds here. Great pics.
Please leave the sell price in the ad though for future reference for others to see. :thumbsup:

thanks

Dominikus

Newly Enlightened

are they still for sale?? I can go for them. nice lights

Str8stroke

Flashlight Enthusiast

Hey Ky, as always awesome work! I was wondering where you have been. lol I love all my Ky lights! Good luck on sale.

Weld Inspector

Enlightened

Can the Grey one run off any other batterys? Or is the AA bank the only option?

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Hi Dominkus,
I missed your post, the gray mag is still for sale if you're interested.
Brian

QUOTE=Dominikus;4968038]are they still for sale?? I can go for them. nice lights[/QUOTE]

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Can the Grey one run off any other batterys? Or is the AA bank the only option?

The Grey mag could run off two lithium ion cells electrically in parallel. You would have to come up with a specialized carrier to pull it off though.

shuter

Enlightened
Re: Modded 2D maglight for sale Price reduced-$75.

Been a few days. What's the news on shipping of the light? Shipped? How shipped? Tracking number?

kyfishguy

Newly Enlightened

Yep, all set. PM sent with details.

shuter

Enlightened

kyfishguy - I've been using the light for a few days and wanted to report on performance. The beam has a pretty tight hot spot that is artifact free and throws a very long ways. Compared to my TK-40 on high your build is nearly as bright on level 2. Level three blows the TK-40 away. Level 4 is awesome and makes it look puny by comparison. The four levels cover a wide range and make it a very useful light. And, it uses my favorite batteries, the Eneloops.