olight rep?

gteague

Newly Enlightened
i usually buy all my lights from going gear, but when olight started up their new online store i got on the email list and the first of the week they sent out an offer for portable magnetic chargers for $1 as a promotion. when i went to the site to investigate i saw they had the s1r 900ln lights in stock and i decided to pick up one along with an orange cone for it along with the charger.

i ordered around midnight on the 25th (sunday night) and other than getting an email acknowledgement a short time later, my order seemingly froze solid--it's still /processing/ as i type this 4 days later. so early this morning i was going to call them and discovered a huge red flag in online buying--only a web form for contact. out of hundreds of online sites, i can count on the fingers of one hand the number who ever even look in that inbox and evidently olight doesn't either as i've gotten no response whatsoever.

if there is an olight rep on here who has any connection to their store, please contact me so i can cancel my order--i'm done being a beta tester for the incompetence of whoever is putting your online store together. accts__gtweb_org. thanks, /guy

Olightworld

Enlightened
Hello,

The reason for the delay is that the UC charger that you ordered is a pre-order. We are not able to ship that out yet because we don't have it yet. They will be arriving here Monday and then we can ship it. We answer emails from the [email protected] email address daily so I'm not sure why you didn't get a response on that. We can do a split shipment if you need the S1R immediately. I believe I was talking with someone last night with the exact situation. Are you sure we haven't contacted you at all?

gteague

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

The reason for the delay is that the UC charger that you ordered is a pre-order. We are not able to ship that out yet because we don't have it yet. They will be arriving here Monday and then we can ship it. We answer emails from the [email protected] email address daily so I'm not sure why you didn't get a response on that. We can do a split shipment if you need the S1R immediately. I believe I was talking with someone last night with the exact situation. Are you sure we haven't contacted you at all?

i did indeed miss the pre-order tag on the charger. would be nice if, instead of tagging the order as /processing/, there might be a note like 'awaiting stock' as /processing/ yields no useful information to the buyer.

and no, haven't been contacted by anyone because when i hit the /contact us/ button a webform came up and i filled that in thinking it the only contact method you offered. i see now that in fine print way down the page you provide more contact info. i suggest you put that at the _top_ of the page when someone hits the button because anyone who has used the internet for a long time knows those web form contact methods are useless in about 98% of all sites.

tks for the info and i'll let the order progress.
/guy

Olightworld

Enlightened
Ok thank you for the feedback. We are here to help you out. If you ever have any issues feel free to give us a call as well at 770-627-4714. Thank you for your business.

i did indeed miss the pre-order tag on the charger. would be nice if, instead of tagging the order as /processing/, there might be a note like 'awaiting stock' as /processing/ yields no useful information to the buyer.

and no, haven't been contacted by anyone because when i hit the /contact us/ button a webform came up and i filled that in thinking it the only contact method you offered. i see now that in fine print way down the page you provide more contact info. i suggest you put that at the _top_ of the page when someone hits the button because anyone who has used the internet for a long time knows those web form contact methods are useless in about 98% of all sites.

tks for the info and i'll let the order progress.
/guy