Zebralight through the wash

TA_ls1

Enlightened
So I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if you've had something similar happen where a Zebralight has impressed you this much. My sc62 was in my shorts pocket and went through the wash, a full cycle. It's working just fine, like nothing happened. This is only reinforcing my loyalty and trust in Zebralight. They rule.

Lumencrazy

Enlightened
So I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else or if you've had something similar happen where a Zebralight has impressed you this much. My sc62 was in my shorts pocket and went through the wash, a full cycle. It's working just fine, like nothing happened. This is only reinforcing my loyalty and trust in Zebralight. They rule.

Nothing Happened? I hope that at least it came out sparkling clean. Awesome lights!!!

Illum

Flashaholic
I don't see the impression. Whenever I buy a new light the first thing on the list is lube all the the threads, o-rings, check for function, etc. Second thing on the list is machine wash warm/tumble dry medium. If it can't survive it doesn't belong in the collection, it becomes a loaner light.

I gotta say though, throwing a Surefire M3/M4/M6 or a Fenix TK## in the dryer with the towels and what not isn't too good for the drum in the long run. So usually a one off test. Nowadays with tiny lights you don't hear it at all...

Last edited:

tex.proud

Enlightened
It's astonishingly surprising how often I find a light after the wash, while putting clothes away. Luckily all have survived thus far. Some of which have been my ZL's.

Yes, I do my own laundry. Probably why pockets don't get checked before hand. :fail:

blah9

Flashlight Enthusiast
I haven't done that yet but I'm not surprised it survived. I'm just glad that lights are made so well in general nowadays so that it is not unexpected!

I once put a $.50 Chinese keychain squeezelight through the wash and it came out fine, too!:crackup: I was actually pretty surprised. Occasionally I'll miss checking my pockets and wind up washing one. It doesn't seem to be as stern of a test as it seems like it would be.