Nitecore EA81: does the new version lock when tailcap is unscrewed?

jalbam

Newly Enlightened
Hello,

I just got a new Nitecore EA81 from a reseller in Taobao (I am from Spain but I live in China now).

The flashlight I received still works when you unscrew the tailcap and press its buttons (even when you unscrew it almost completely). There is no way to lock it. I have tried it with different cells with the same result (Eneloop Pro 2550mAh, Doublepow 1200mAh Ni-CD and Duracell Alkalines).

When I visit the official web site (http://flashlight.nitecore.com/product/ea81) there is this image that says you can lock the flashlight by loosing the tailcap:

EA81_EN_11.jpg

But when you download the official manual from http://flashlight.nitecore.com/html/uploads/ueditor/image/product/EA81/EA81_UM_EN.pdf they just say this:
Lockout/Unlock
With the light turned on, press and hold both switches for more than one second until the flashlight is switched off and enters lockout mode. In this mode, the EA81 can continue working on 8 × AA batteries for over 2 years.
Lockout mode prevents accidental activation of the flashlight. To exit lockout mode, simply press and hold both switches for more than one second again.
NOTE:
When the EA81 is kept in a backpack or left unused for extended periods, Nitecore recommends removing the batteries to cut off power, thus preventing parasitic battery drain or accidental activation of the flashlight.

So the manual does not talk about this locking feature at all. This manual online is the same one that came with my flashlight, printed.

I am wondering that perhaps there is a new version of Nitecore EA81 that allows to be locked by unscrewing its tailcap and the official manual has not been updated yet. Is that right? If so, I will probably return my flashlight since it seems to be the old model.

Does anyone know whether there is indeed a new version of this flashlight? Does anyone own it and can check its new locking feature?

Thank you very much in advance!

Cheers,
Joan