Most CREATIVE Flashlight of 2016 (maybe ever...?)

LetThereBeLight!

Enlightened
Not long ago I started a thread on your most fun light. This one has to do with a light that is very creatively designed.

Of course when most "normal" people flip on a light-- only to discover the power is out-- they in NO way feel the DELIGHT that us FLASHAHOLICS do because we get to play with all our flashlight toys!

(I guess there are too groups of people in the world: normal, and normal but light-prepared, lol)

Question: what if someone made a light out of something found in just about every room in a typical home? (Don't read ahead if you want time to think of what it could be.)

Well the folks at Nebotools just made a light out of a light switch! How creative! I can't stop smiling every time I look at it.

They are calling it the Flip It. If you want, look at it at their website.

It's 215 Lumens, powered by 3 enclosed AAA's, and on the back there are three ways you can attach it: by two magnets or by some sort of loop or by two adhesive strips.

There come two to a package and sell for just under $15.00.

Last year at Christmas I gave out Tubes, and this year I have decided that THIS will be the light I will be gifting.

At that time I will try to persuade my very alert (but stubborn) elderly father (wish me luck) to put one in his bedroom and the second one in the hallway that leads to his upstairs bathroom, if not in the bathroom itself.

(It took him about 9 months to put the Tube on his keychain-- with a little bit of prodding after I found it misplaced/lodged in a bag with a new shirt.)

Since I have embarked on this very fun (and not cheap, lol) flashlight hobby, I have seen many beautiful as well as astounding lights. Think Lumintop tool to any Vinh light.

But this one I HAVE to give the GOLD Medal to for "Most Creative".

What do you think? What do YOU consider a very creative light?

- LetThereBeLight!

casualObserver

Newly Enlightened
I like the looks and design of the SnapPower Guidelights! There are LEDs in the bottom of the receptacle plate. They also have several colors available. The only thing that concerns me regarding them is - will the lights be on all day inside a fairly dim home? It might be worth buying one to test.

FortyCaliber

Newly Enlightened
Looks cool, let us know how they measure up once in hand.

They also have some other interesting products that I may have to try. Darn.:scowl:

bykfixer

Flashaholic
Nebo is a very innovative company.

My first Nebo was a twisty you plug to your cars 12 volt accessory plug (formerly known as cigarette lighter). It was a pocket sized number that had about 15 blumens but still very handy. They've since come out with a much brighter one that uses a double A sized rechargeable cell so it is much bigger. Check out the Nebo thread in the budget light section and by all means add this one to it. RedLed will love it.

Now my mother in law is a very particular person when it comes to household decorations. She's an interior designer to a few folks.
Well she kept saying her flashlight wasn't bright enough to spot snakes when she takes her 'toy sized' dogs out for nature calls at her water front home.

Last time I visited her I left one of these on an end table near a table lamp. Her 'den' is a screened in porch with lots of wicker items, wooden picture frames and carved wooden nick-nacks and such.

It blended in so well it was a week before she saw it. She absolutely loved it.