Olight SR1 Baton Review (Feedback wanted; there's a bonus in it for you)

wacbzz

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice review! You might have mentioned a little more detail about the rechargability of the light - the magnet connection is IMO the thing that sets these Olights apart from most every other rechargeable light.

And paid? Nice job!

Fireclaw18

Flashlight Enthusiast
The magnet connection with the charger works very well. It is easy to clip on and makes a good connection instantly.

Unfortunately, for those who don't like magnets near their credit cards the magnet CANNOT be removed in the S1R. The magnet itself is shaped like a washer and is glued into the tailcap. Even if you disassemble the tailcap, it cannot be easily removed.

I wouldn't recommend demagnetizing it either. This magnet is also what holds the charger cord on. So if you demagnetize it (like I did mine with a 60w soldering iron), the charger cord no longer works.

Olightworld

Enlightened
That is a good point. Over the past few years though, i can't even think of one time someone has emailed or called us saying our magnetic tailcaps have ruined their credit cards. I understand people to be cautious with something like that but I have yet to see it be an issue.

The magnet connection with the charger works very well. It is easy to clip on and makes a good connection instantly.

Unfortunately, for those who don't like magnets near their credit cards the magnet CANNOT be removed in the S1R. The magnet itself is shaped like a washer and is glued into the tailcap. Even if you disassemble the tailcap, it cannot be easily removed.

I wouldn't recommend demagnetizing it either. This magnet is also what holds the charger cord on. So if you demagnetize it (like I did mine with a 60w soldering iron), the charger cord no longer works.

JAS

Flashlight Enthusiast
Olight SR1 Baton Review (Feedback Wanted; There's A Bonus In It For You)

Open Carry Jenkins,

I am in search of a suitable small LED flashlight to clip on my baseball cap. Would this light be suitable for that?

Jim

Open Carry Jenkins

Newly Enlightened
Re: Olight SR1 Baton Review (Feedback Wanted; There's A Bonus In It For You)

Open Carry Jenkins,

I am in search of a suitable small LED flashlight to clip on my baseball cap. Would this light be suitable for that?

Jim

I've used it that way and it's near-ideal in the role. Use the promo code in my review and get the discount!