question on Convoy s2

Chet

Newly Enlightened
Looking to get a few convoy s2 for christmas gifts, question i have is i see there are a few different models whether it refers to the type of light ect, i am not sure, but what model is the most popular all around, not looking for a dominant strong beam,

Chet

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
I may not understand your question, but the S2+ is probably the most popular "version". Its available in 5 different colors (more coming soon) in a range of tint options and output levels. You can buy directly from Convoy on their AliEx store, but it'll be pushing it to get them here before Christmas.

tops2

Enlightened
I'm guessing you're asking about the different variations of the light?

For instance, do you prefer cool, neutral or warm tints? It sounds like the "T6-3B" 5000-5200k neutral is pretty popular. I personally prefer tints around that temperature.
The link emarkd provided has pictures of the different tints..but admittedly, the difference between 3B, 4C and 5B is close to my eyes according to the pictures.

There's "body color", which lets you select the number of "chips" to drive the light. The more chips the brighter the light..but the more heat too. There's a thread with a table for the different number of chips on the Convoy vs output. But a good balanced one is the 6 chip one as it seems to output pretty decent light without getting too hot. But for other people for safety reasons (heat), I'd go with either 4 or 6 chips. 4 chips for people who you think will be less careful with light. 6 chips for people whose more careful. Maybe get different color body for different number of chips?

From some comments, if you order directly from Simon/Convoy, you can request updated firmware.

I saw a thread too with different lens you can order and play with..but this is mostly for you to play with.
https://www.aliexpress.com/store/pr...-XML-XML2-LED-60degree/330416_1577614278.html
There's actually a thread somewhere where someone posted pictures with the lens. The smaller angle, the light should throw further but have a narrower beam. The widest angle one should have nicer flood, but have a loss in throw. At the listed price, I'd probably just pick up the 4 different degrees to play with it.