Old Zebras--a query

Illum

Flashaholic
I think so, their first was the Zebralight H50, which I still have and use. the H30 first came out in XR-E 7090 Q3 I think... before it was released with a Q5

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think so, their first was the Zebralight H50, which I still have and use. the H30 first came out in XR-E 7090 Q3 I think... before it was released with a Q5

Interesting--I did not know that the Q5 indicated a particular batch of emitters.

(Guess I should have, though--it makes sense).

Another long-time member today told me that they have an old H50 and don't mean to give it up!

I would like to get one of those, too, come to think of it.

gunga

Flashaholic
I don't use mine much but have an h50bw, and h30bw. Semi custom request. "B" is for 90 degree optic instead of 120. "W" is neutral tint. They didn't advertise it but they took requests. :)

lampeDépêche

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't use mine much but have an h50bw, and h30bw. Semi custom request. "B" is for 90 degree optic instead of 120. "W" is neutral tint. They didn't advertise it but they took requests. :)

Gunga--I tried to reply to your PM, but got a message that your mailbox is too full for new messages! Clear some room and we can talk.

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim
I have a Zebralight H50 in Q5 which is flawless as it was used during a relatively few outings then tossed in an E&E for years. The H501w took it's place. Aw heck I got a H501 CW only used for one outing still in it's box. Wonderful tint for a CW with that H501 but the H501w has that rocking XR-E Q3 NW. Yes Bin isn't tint but noticed certain LEDs had similar characteristics despite their official ratings and the XR-E and XP- G1 never disappointed in NW. I believe the CR123 model was the H30. Also I believe the initial aka very first bin used was "P" not "Q" though not sure if that applies to the H30. Just remembering wanting to be sure I got the newest version at the time. Also remember a B one which I think tried to reproduce the H501's 80 degree flood. Or maybe it was the their first light in terms of that optic. Don't remember all the details as this goes back some time.

I think the twisty UI is still one of the best ZL ever did. It was my hope ZL would update the H50 but it never happened. Also had similar wishes for the TK20 but it wasn't to be. Took the H50 out of the E&E a few weeks ago to charge up the battery and use it. Dang small. I miss that.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast

The h30 got a 80 degree beam. the h50 has 120. I still remember i kept my h30 and gave away my h50 because i liked the more narrow beam form the h30. still got mine. dont use it alot, it's in the bathroom, hanging next to some wading pants and towels :)