Sunlite 16WFP build/body

AK350X

Newly Enlightened
Hi all,
I scored a Sunlite 16WFP head for a good price and am building a light around it. Wanting to use 26650 or/and 32650 batteries and was wondering if the head will handle IMR cells. I found info on the 8WFP liking non IMR cells better, but also found articles on the 16WFP being under driven for the size of the LED. The 16 WFP is direct drive, right?

I have always wanted to try a 8WFP LED in one of my Surefire mods but decided to go with this project due to the good price.
Hard to spend that much for an LED and throw the rest of the head away...

Any info is greatly appreciated. And I have read several reviews on this site but some pictures were missing....

AK350X

Newly Enlightened
Also, does anyone know the color temperature/CRI of this thing?

AK350X

Newly Enlightened
Wow, no one has experimented with one yet? Got it in the mail tonight... 4.0 volts on a imr 26650 pulls 4.2 amps. Disappointed it is the cool tint instead of the warm... seriously though, looks a lot like an old XM-L. For being an old light, she is pretty nice. I really can't see the 4 separate dies at all. Beam is great and the thing is very light weight.

I actually really like this thing. Might have to look into another once I get done putting this light together.

Can't believe everyone that wanted a 4amp driver didn't try an IMR....