Nichia 219C 92CRI!!

AK350X

Newly Enlightened
Nichia shows them on the website and Kaidomain claims to have them... Can it be true?

AK350X

Newly Enlightened
How did I miss this? I am not sure I will be able to sleep tonight....

AK350X

Newly Enlightened
My lights are not pretty enough to have a real, talented flashlight modder work on.... I fake it mostly. ~12 hours a week in a aircraft sheetmetal shop makes them all tired in a few years.

Up to three triple e-series heads and three tir surefire heads with dedomed 219b in them. I love them all so much, I am going to have to mod out the last e2dl head and my sst-50 light... maybe even the old XM-L in the M3....

Maybe if I found a deal on a new pretty one....

emarkd

Flashlight Enthusiast
That's a beautiful emitter. You'll love it. I've put them in several lights already, including a nice old Novatac 120P and a quad setup in a Astrolux S41S. I'm a big fan, personally. They're not quite as rosy as the high-CRI 219b emitters, but they sure do make a lot more light and they have a much more favorable Vf too. Order some; you won't be disappointed.

AK350X

Newly Enlightened
I will... I am happy to hear they are brighter. If anywhere close to the 83cri 219c I tried, It will be driven hard :). We need some output curves....