Single AA or AAA flashlight with a Yellow or Amber LED?

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi:

Haven't posted here in ages, but am back looking for info about whether anybody currently makes a single AA or AAA pocketlight with a Yellow or Amber LED? Sorry for this kind of a double-post, but I re-registered under a new name a moment ago and then remembered my old sotto password. Anyway, thanks for the info.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
You mean Robyn at Peak as in Peak LED Solutions Robyn? Wow, I haven't thought about that combination of words in at least 10 years or more. lol Thanks.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Yes ... I have a Peak in amber.

HCnj8D2.jpg

Very pleased with mine :)

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
Nice, yes that's just the color I'm looking for. I used to have a black single cell body with a brass white LED head that I carried for years and then lost. Dang, I hated losing that thing!

archimedes

Flashaholic
Just because I am nosy, what is the attraction of amber as a flashlight tint?

I'm sure there are a variety of reasons (visibility in fog, signalling, etc, etc) ... but I find it to be relatively easy on dark-adapted eyes when needed for short duration illumination.

The very warm tint is less jarring than white, yet seems to provide better detail resolution and depth perception than deep red.

staticx57

Flashlight Enthusiast
Anther option is to DIY. Get yourself your favorite variety of Lumintop tool whether it be the cheap aluminimum clicks or the brass Maratac twisty then there's copper or Ti. Then get yourself the emitter of your choice over at mountain electronics and have them transfer it over to a 10mm sinkpad. Solder two wires and you're done.

sotto

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm sure there are a variety of reasons (visibility in fog, signalling, etc, etc) ... but I find it to be relatively easy on dark-adapted eyes when needed for short duration illumination.

The very warm tint is less jarring than white, yet seems to provide better detail resolution and depth perception than deep red.

Yes, for all those exact reasons, AND amber is just best. (I thought everybody knew that!) ;-)