Armytek postage

6volt

Newly Enlightened
I tried to buy a light from Armytek on Christmas. Was going to take advantage of the discount. Got all the way down to ordering and I got a message that they could not confirm that the postage would not be higher than quoted? I live in the USA, has anyone bought from them from here and was the postage higher than quoted?

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
On the east coast of the yoosah. In the place wher
I tried to buy a light from Armytek on Christmas. Was going to take advantage of the discount. Got all the way down to ordering and I got a message that they could not confirm that the postage would not be higher than quoted? I live in the USA, has anyone bought from them from here and was the postage higher than quoted?

Buy from a usa dealer...what is the light in question?

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
Armytek advises not to buy from their reputable dealers if you don't want a sub par product. That's what they told me when I received a beta product.

HAHAHAHA they are undermining their dealers, hiding info about suppliers, AND bribing reviewers with supposedly inherent customer service? Woohoo!

P.s. isnt it illefal to sell a beta product without making it public knowledge that it is a beta product?

Last edited:

Woods Walker

The Wood is cut, The Bacon is cooked, Now it’s tim

Got two packages from them (fast) for Christmas and remember the amount being as quoted. Heck don't even recall there being a question about it however I am never been good at actually reading stuff.

Woods Walker

HAHAHAHA they are undermining their dealers, hiding info about suppliers, AND bribing reviewers with supposedly inherent customer service? Woohoo!

P.s. isnt it illefal to sell a beta product without making it public knowledge that it is a beta product?

Hold your horses! :hahaha: I remember something!

So, like every other good reviewer you were bribed with something that should have already been inherently inclusive (10 year warranty and great CS) in order to remove a public exposé of existing issues? I'm sarcastically kidding, of course.

I thought you were kidding. LOL. I do wonder if manufactures are really that aware of what goes on. On some level the ones here do as they show up if a customer gets really cranky and has a public rant over some customer service issue on the forums but are they really proactive enough to know say a real reviewer (Selfbuilt for example) was sending in something to be serviced? Totally off topic and I apologize to the OP.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hold your horses! :hahaha: I remember something!

I thought you were kidding. LOL. I do wonder if manufactures are really that aware of what goes on. On some level the ones here do as they show up if a customer gets really cranky and has a public rant over some customer service issue on the forums but are they really proactive enough to know say a real reviewer (Selfbuilt for example) was sending in something to be serviced? Totally off topic and I apologize to the OP.

To be honest, I have no idea, lol. I just find it upsetting that a manufacturer would need to request that a review or statement revealing issues be censored in exchange for customer service. Hiding problems is the equivalent of misleading consumers. As is selling beta products to respected authorized dealers. If there is an issue, it was missed during testing or qc phases. That being said, if a customer discovers that issue and there is a margin for repeat issues of that nature, it should be openly addressed and remedied. Image is nothing without the substance to validate it.

Personally, as a recipient of one of those beta products from a USA dealer, I am happy with my wizard v3 xhp (your real use review persuading me to purchase).

6volt

Newly Enlightened
I was looking at The Tiara A1 headlamp. There was some kind of message about duty taxes and or extra postage.

Woods Walker

On the topic of the OP the two purchases I made from them were shipped by DHL if my memory is correct. Not sure if that helps. I think duty taxes applies to other nations and maybe it was just a standard disclaimer.

gunga

Flashaholic
I'm in Canada. I had to pay 12% sales tax (for BC, my province plus a federal tax). My purchase was over $75 and qualified for free shipping, otherwise would be around $9 shipping within Canada. I have no idea what the prices are outside of Canada.

Woods Walker

I remember reading something that they refund certain shipping costs...not sure where.

When I returned a product they refunded me more than the actual cost for some reason. It was 9.50 shipping to Canada and they refunded my Paypal something like 12 bucks. Even went out of their way to request the shipping amount after I forgot about it. I think the shipping cost something like 8 dollars for each package I purchased for Christmas items (two separate orders). They created some kinda funky program which effectively negated the free shipping for over 75 dollars. I ignored whatever the offering was and paid the shipping as the gear was so cheap I still made out. I don't pay full price for this stuff always buy on sale. As for the issue of videos during a return process this was their official request.

If you add the video to YouTube, please choose in setting "Unlisted" for your video.

I didn't interpret the request as a quid pro quo within the total context of the message. However can't debate what another person might interpret. I am about 95% sure the OP's shipping cost message was a standard one to cover the seller in case of various national laws which probably don't apply to the OP.

reppans

Flashlight Enthusiast
Year or so ago I wanted to try a Prime, but the US dealers had no stock so I ordered direct as they said free shipping. Turned out their free shipping meant 2-3months wait from China so I bought their $10 option to reduce that to 1 month.

Took 5-6 weeks while the US dealer ended up restocking in 2.

dc38

Flashlight Enthusiast
When I returned a product they refunded me more than the actual cost for some reason. It was 9.50 shipping to Canada and they refunded my Paypal something like 12 bucks. Even went out of their way to request the shipping amount after I forgot about it. I think the shipping cost something like 8 dollars for each package I purchased for Christmas items (two separate orders). They created some kinda funky program which effectively negated the free shipping for over 75 dollars. I ignored whatever the offering was and paid the shipping as the gear was so cheap I still made out. I don't pay full price for this stuff always buy on sale. As for the issue of videos during a return process this was their official request.

If you add the video to YouTube, please choose in setting "Unlisted" for your video.

I didn't interpret the request as a quid pro quo within the total context of the message. However can't debate what another person might interpret. I am about 95% sure the OP's shipping cost message was a standard one to cover the seller in case of various national laws which probably don't apply to the OP.

I think the price differential might have been due in part to currency exchange rates.

6volt

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for all the reply's. I ended up ordering a fenix hl50. It will be my first headlamp, have wanted one for years.

6volt

Newly Enlightened
Got two packages from them (fast) for Christmas and remember the amount being as quoted. Heck don't even recall there being a question about it however I am never been good at actually reading stuff.

It is cool that you replied to my post, I actually have watched your videos on youtube. I went through reading these posts and said hey, I know that name. I bought the Fenix.

coffeecup66

Enlightened
Armytek advises not to buy from their reputable dealers if you don't want a sub par product. That's what they told me when I received a beta product.

Whaaaat ?????????????????!! Is this a joke ??? Do you realize what you are affirming and inferring here ? ...

(NB to OP: sorry if a bit OT)

Cheers.