Anyone have experience with Ledtronic 6 led replacement flashlite bulbs?

android

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I was looking at this page:

Ledtronics page

and was curious about if anyone had experience with these drop in bulbs, either the 1, 3, or 6 Led bulbs. I notice that the aqua green 6 led bulb throws 60,000 mcd, which is pretty damn bright! In the 3 led version, it throws 30,000. $18 bucks for the 3 led version, and no prices for the 6 led versions. They take 12 volts, which is part of the challenge. Anyone use these to upgrade flashlights?

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by android:
Hi,

I was looking at this page:

Ledtronics page

and was curious about if anyone had experience with these drop in bulbs, either the 1, 3, or 6 Led bulbs. They take 12 volts, which is part of the challenge. Anyone use these to upgrade flashlights?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

The 12 volt bulbs you're describing are probably tailored for automotive & marine applications, as they appear to have the 15mm bayonet base like on a 1156 automotive lamp.

All of the other 9mm PR flange base lamps on that page run at more typical flashlight voltages, from which you can pick any of several voltages depending on the cell count in the target flashlight.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I was interested in their 9mm 3 led 3 volt white bulb you see listed on the page. The company tells me it is just as bright in the three volt as it is in the others but it`s a "secret" how they do it and won`t tell me
mad.gif
If it`s true the only possibility is a step up...big secret...got to spend $18 to find out
mad.gif