Nitecore Smart PD D10

simonlester

Newly Enlightened
I have been a lurker on this site for some time and have had the benefit of following some really good advice from the esteemed collective over the years (yes, years) without poking my head above the parapet! However, you lot are not without blame for my worsening Nitecore affliction. I have a P12 and a Tube but its the D10 I need help with on what is my 1st post.

The D10 is a great light and I am very fond of it and so far is constantly with me during the darker months (now). Trouble is, the ramping feature has failed and all I get is ramping between low, low and about 20 lumens whereas before it was scandalous how much light this little job produced...

Thing is, dear collective, what's to be done in your opinion? I could sent it back to Nitecore's agent in the UK and have them look at it with a view to replace the gubbins at my expense - its 4 years old or so - or is there an upgrade/drop in/replacement that you would suggest?

Its a great little light and I don't want to part with it if there's a solution..

Wotcha think?

Simon.

derfyled

Flashlight Enthusiast
The D10 is about 8-9 years old. Even if it was a great light, I don't think it's worth to repair it, unless it has a sentimental value for you. Something sure, Nitecore won't be able to help you since it's a ''very old'' light.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are a few on the board here who have had these lights modified or custom circuits made for it. Not sure who you would need to contact for that but it might be the best option if you want to keep it. I love my D10 lights and have a collection of about 10 of them.

jorn

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you get the light into high with the shortcut, or is only the ramping that wont go all the way to high?
You can try to clean it, remove the ring inside the head and clean under it. If i get any problems with my d10, i just clean it under the ring and it's fine again.
Love my d10. Still use it a lot, but i got a xp-l hi in it so output is really good.

snowlover91

Flashlight Enthusiast
A Nichia inside the D10 is pure perfection! Really wish Nitecore would release an updated version of it.