• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired WTS: Lights!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
The Fun Stuff

All these little guys are thumbnails; please click and/or open in a new window/tab for a much larger view.
I will mark items as sold as soon as they are purchased. Please scroll to bottom for full sale conditions.

1) 18650 Parallel Lantern $250.00 --> $200.00 --> $175.00 --> $150.00

This is a real, fully restored, vintage lantern which has been modified to accept parallel 18650 to power a single high power LED. I ordered high grade independent switches, one for ON/OFF, and one for LOW/HIGH. One of our very own members modded this light, and I hate to let it go. To be absolutely clear, as with all these lights, most are used; this lantern shows wear/missing flecks of paint. Please use the pictures as a guide and/or ask questions if you desire to do so.

2) Coleman Retro Reversible (Two Left) $85.00 each --> $75.00 each --> $65.00 each (both for $125.00)

This lantern is only available in Australia and New Zealand, and it was very expensive to import. The amber LEDs last forever, and the tint on the main LED is absolutely perfect. Two available.

Quantity Remaining: 2

3) Blue Rail Lantern $40.00

Don't know much about this little fellow. Was used by the railroad?

6) Rusty Rail Lantern $40.00

Rusty rail lantern. Don't know much about it. For restoration.

8) Little Yellow and Red "JUSTRITE" Steel Lantern $50.00 --> $40.00

Very cool looking lantern.

9) Custom 6D Long Runtime Malkoff Dropin, Now Installed in Black 3D Maglite Host $100.00 --> $75.00 --> $65.00

I hate to sell this. Many folks know Gene no longer does custom work. I had this in an orange coated 6D Maglite for a long time. Luck finally ran out and the batteries vomited inside the tube. It is now installed in a black 3D Maglite.

image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

10) Triple XP-G Neutral Mag Charger Mod $170.00 --> $150.00 --> $130.00 --> $115.00

This has three XP-G or XP-G2 emitters inside a Mag Charger. Very floody neutral (5C1, I think, but won't swear to it). I am keeping the lithium ion charger from this project, since I imported it from Germany and it only charges to 4.1V, and I have a future project in mind for it. :)

One evening I dropped the light in the foyer and the very clear, and very fragile lens smashed into a million (billion?) pieces. I saved the little LED optics, and if I can find them, I will include them. If I cannot find them, I won't include them. :)

11) 2x18650 "C" Hotwire Host $250.00 --> $150.00 --> $130.00 --> $120.00 --> $100.00 (I am keeping the reflector so price dropped to $100.00)

Hard anodized natural Maglite "C" hotwire host with grippy grooves, fins, and chrome(?) tailcap extender to accommodate two 18650 cells.
I am currently looking for a regulated hotwire, so, trading might be an option here. While we're at it, I'm also looking for a mint condition MG L-Mini II. I haven't been able to find the one gunga modded for me, and I've been looking for it for the last nine months. :-(

I am keeping the reflector from this hotwire host, so the price has been lowered to $100.00 delivered.

12) Sonic Control Remote AC Outlet, Switch It Remote AC Outlet, Four Vintage Style LED Bulbs, and a Couple or Three AC Cords/Sockets $150.00 --> $100.00 --> $85.00

Both remote controls are extremely rare. The sonic remote makes a high-pitched whistle and toggles a remote outlet on and off, and the "Switch It" remote control uses mechanical or piezo electrical energy to turn a remote outlet on and off. I am including four vintage LED filament bulbs, and a couple or three cords/sockets for them.

13) Maratac/CountyComm 32650 3000K XP-L Driven at 380mA LiFePO4 LED Lantern With Seven 32650 Cells $200.00 ---> $150.00 --> $125.00 --> $120.00

The discontinued Maratac/CountyComm "D" cell lantern has been overhauled with XP-L 3000K LED, driven at 380mA off one 5000mAH 32650 LiFePO4 cell. Unfortunately, the brightness drops off after a little bit, most likely because it is not running in regulation. This is an amazing light in every regard. I am including seven 5000mAh 32650 LiFePO4 cells in the sale, the lantern itself, and a small tripod. The tripod won't win any awards for build quality, but it can be made to stand up if you tweak it a bit.

No guarantees on the cells, but most were never used.

The o-ring dried out and cracked, so I tossed it. So, either use it only indoors or get a new o-ring.
Runtimes not guaranteed, but, it is an awesome (and very custom) light.

(lantern, funky/bendy tripod, seven 5000mAh 32650 LiFePO4 cells)

14) fivemega Hard Anodized "C" Size Maglite Host with Charging Jack and Finned Fluted Head $150.00 ---> $100.00 --> $85.00

I have two of these. One is already modded and will be getting an upgrade to an XHP70 once a boost driver becomes widely available for purchase. Exceptional build quality. No LED or driver, just the host. The original iteration of this post included the fluted head. I was debating between more mass or more surface area, and am going to go with more surface area for my XHP70 build, so I swapped heads. I am keeping the finned head. The fluted head now comes with the light.

15) Brinkmann Hunter's Special Lantern $60.00

I tried to stuff this back into the original carton after playing with it and didn't do the best job in the world. It is new. Absolutely no guarantee on the internal battery, if there is one. Very cool host with lots of mod potential.

18) 1xCR123A Nightlight Host $40.00 --> $30.00

1xCR123A nightlight host with GITD powder/potting in the head. Very floody beam; not too many lumens. A light to get to the potty and back.

(or free with any purchase of $200.00 or more)

19) 1x18650 Throwy Light/Nice Metallic Finish *Withdrawn* $30.00

This light has a little throw to it with its big head. Very nice fit and finish for a "DX" type light. Easily swallows my largest protected 18650 cell. Most wonderful tint, like sunlight in your hand on high. 5D1? 5D2? I'm not sure. Wish I knew so I could get more of them and drive them *hard*.

20) 3xAA Neutral Lantern $25.00 --> $20.00

A very nice 3xAA neutral/warm lantern.

(or free with any purchase of $200.00 or more)

21) Two Joule Thief Lanterns These are designed to suck an alkaline cell dry. The attached magnets aren't the absolute best; expect to need to fiddle with them.$90.00 --> $75.00

22) Surefire M2 $200.00

Surefire M2 back up for sale. First $200.00 takes it.

23) Sealed 5C Maglite (Have a few) $250.00 each

Blister pack will show wear and yellowing/fading/cracking.

Sold Items Below

4) Union Pacific Star 2012 Red Rail Lantern with Big Handle $50.00 *SOLD*

Works well.

5) Surefire M3LT Combatlight $200.00 --> $175.00 --> $150.00 *SOLD*

7) Yellow Conrail "STARLITE 222" Rail Lantern with Big Handle $40.00 *SOLD*

16) fivemega "C" Tail to "E" Head 1x18650 Host $50.00 *SOLD*

Had some contact issues with this. Lots of potential here. Be prepared to play with this.
Includes two free "C" series compatible tailcaps by SolarForce.

17) fivemega "E" Head 1x26650 Host $50.00 *SOLD*

Had some contact issues with this. Lots of potential here. Be prepared to play with this.

The Boring Stuff

1) U.S. sales only. I work a lot during the week and don't have time for customs forms. I can mail many packages
from the automated shipping station in my local post office.

2) Please use this thread to ask questions or send me an email. Private messages have been disabled.

3) All sales are final and all items sold as is.

4) All prices include shipping.

5) Publicly posting an "I'll Take It!" takes precedence and priority over questions/thoughts/comments via email.

6) Items are sent without insurance unless the buyer specifically requests it and pays for it.

7) Letting these items go is not easy for me to do. Some have taken me months or even years to acquire. Prices reflect a combination of my wait time for the item, the cost of the item, my wait time for the parts, the cost of the parts, the cost of assembly, etc.

8) Payment is via USPS Money Order, PayPal, or cash. No exceptions.

9) There are a few freebies in here if you spend more than a certain amount. Limit one freebie per person. :)

10) I have more bins to go through and will update this sales thread when able.

11) Local pickup one hour north of New York City? Take 20% off your total.

12) Want everything left in the thread? I'll ship everything left in the thread to you for 30% off the total. Occasionally, I'll just add a new post to the thread with a special offer in lieu of the 30%. :)

13) Want an even better deal? Want everything left in the thread? Local pickup one hour north of New York City?
Take 40% off if you buy everything that remains and pick it up from me, in person. :party:

Last edited:

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
Can you tell me a little more about the Malkoff Drop In? Will it work in a 3D and what makes it different than their current XP-G2 drop in? Assuming it's similar and will work in a 3D I'll take it along with the 3D Mag just lemme know how I can pay. Thanks!!

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just dug through old correspondence with Gene, and found an email thread from May of 2011. It looks like it was built with an XP-G (first generation) R4 5B emitter, with a 270mA drive current. It should be good for 100 lumens, but, with 6D cells (or nine volts), it should run for maybe 40 to 50 hours. I am guessing the XP-G first generation could be swapped (?) for an XP-G3 (third generation) for a nice lumens increase. While I know it uses his "standard" heatsink, since he custom built this for me, I don't know what the minimum input voltage must be. I would not go above the rated nine volts!

Do you want me to install it in the 3D Maglite?
I can put three "D" cells in for testing, and if it lights up, I'll just ship it that way.

So, if you want it, it is yours, with the free black 3D Mag. If you don't want it, please just let me know.

Last edited:

LiftdT4R

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'll pass but thanks for the info. A 6D is a little too big for me.

EDIT: If you have have any other Mag related stuff coming up def lemme know too! I'm really interested.

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I edited my reply to your post at the exact same time you answered, so it is possible you did not see my suggestion:

I can remove the dropin from the 6D Maglite that got ruined from battery corrosion and install it in the clean black 3D Mag. I can temporarily install 3 "D" alkaline cells, for 4.5V. If the dropin illuminates, we then know it is compatible with 4.5V input. I can take a current reading at the tail as well.

We would then have confirmation that it works in the 3D host with 4.5V. :)

I may be listing some more Mag goodies. I have a couple solar panels I will probably be listing as well. ;-)

EDIT:

2/4/17
6:17 P.M.

21) Two Joule Thief Lanterns

These are designed to suck an alkaline cell dry. The attached magnets aren't the absolute best; expect to need to fiddle with them.

$90.00 --> $75.00

Last edited:

mattw

Newly Enlightened
I might be interested in the Fivemega 26650 host. Can you explain contact problems? I have one other older Fivemega host from that series and I have not had problems with it. Bad switch?? Do you have an E to C adapter?

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
I might be interested in the Fivemega 26650 host. Can you explain contact problems? I have one other older Fivemega host from that series and I have not had problems with it. Bad switch?? Do you have an E to C adapter?

Thank you for stopping by. :)

1) I tested the "C" tail to "E" head 1x18650 host with three different tailcaps. The SolarForce tails (two of which are included in the sale) were picky about how tight/loose they were turned. I tried a genuine "C" series tailcap from "That Popular Flashlight Company" and it lit up an "E" series triple right away when I screwed it in tightly and forward-clicked for "ON".

2) The larger 26650 "E" head host didn't want to play nice with me. The tailcap was tough to twist on/off while I was testing it. I have an older 26650 cell in my parts box which I was testing it with and it didn't light. No guarantees on the cell, but I'll throw it in for the heck of it. If it is dead, you aren't paying any extra for it.

3) I do not have an "E" to "C" adapter.

4) I don't want these anymore, and I don't want to troubleshoot them anymore, either. I am dropping the price for both to $60.00, including the two SolarForce tails.

I'll pass but thanks for the info. A 6D is a little too big for me.

EDIT: If you have have any other Mag related stuff coming up def lemme know too! I'm really interested.

I unscrewed the orange 6D head from the corroded 6D tube and installed both the dropin and the head on the 3D light. I fed it three alkaline "D" cells and it fired right up. Tailcap reading shows 120mA draw at 4.49V.

I am withdrawing the 3D black Mag as a freebie and am now selling the emergency/long runtime Malkoff dropin installed in the black 3D Mag. The original black 3D Mag head comes with it. Paint is coming off head. Alkaline cells not included. See pics for details. Washing machine not included, either. :laughing:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Light 18 is the little CR123A bathroom light as described here:

"18) 1xCR123A Nightlight Host

1xCR123A nightlight host with GITD powder/potting in the head. Very floody beam; not too many lumens. A light to get to the potty and back.

$40.00 (or free with any purchase of $200.00 or more)"

Light 17, this light:

"17) fivemega "E" Head 1x26650 Host

$50.00"

is the same as this light here:

Link

and if you look in the purchase section, you can even see that I am the original owner. :)

As noted, since there are contact issues (switch issues...?) with the larger "E" series host (I found a SureFire tailcap worked properly on the 1x18650 host, so, I am guessing it is a switch issue with that one), I am letting both "E" series fivemega hosts go for $60.00 delivered:

"16) fivemega "C" Tail to "E" Head 1x18650 Host

Includes two free "C" series compatible tailcaps by SolarForce.

$50.00

17) fivemega "E" Head 1x26650 Host

$50.00

--> Take both "E" head fivemega hosts for $80.00 ----> $60.00"

The host is something purely mechanical, so, somewhere in there, something isn't making contact. I don't feel like messing with it, which is why I am selling the pair for $60.00 (effectively $30.00 apiece).

If you are interested in multiple items, please shoot me an email off the forum and it is quite likely we can work something out.

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Respectfully, I am not quite sure what you are asking for.

I provided a link to the original fivemega sales thread here in my previous post, and clicking the provided thumbnails will take you here, and here, and here.
I am uncertain as to the nature of your request. :thinking:

If there is a particular angle you wish to see which is not depicted in my photos, you are welcome to ask.

Have a great night. :)

Dthoreson81

Newly Enlightened
I'll take the two "e" fivemega hosts for $60. Pm incoming.

Eta: haha. Guess no pm incoming. I'll need to know your PayPal address please.

Last edited:

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thank you for stopping by.

PayPal address is the same as the email address listed in my signature.
Please either include your shipping address in the PayPal notes section, or, send me a separate email.

We are expecting some snow tomorrow—I do not anticipate going to work—so I will be able to ship this if I walk to the post office, which I intend to do.

Walking in the snow is one of my very favorite things. :thumbsup:

Dthoreson81

Newly Enlightened
Payment sent Brian.

Please include the 26650 cell along with any 18650 plastic cases that you don't want or need ;-) I could use a couple.

Glad I'm giving you the opportunity to do something you enjoy rather than go to work. Haha.

LEDAdd1ct

Flashlight Enthusiast
1) I walked to the post office in the height of the blizzard and got the two "E" series bodies on their way. Happy tinkering/hope you can make something fun out of them.

2) Since it's been a snowy sort of a day...

How about a "Snow Day" sale?

Take everything in the thumbnails below (click/right-click to see a much larger view) for $300.00 to your door, or, take everything in the photos below, plus a sealed 5C Maglite, still in the blister pack, for $350.00, delivered.

All of the lights in the photos were described earlier in the thread, with the exception of the orange/blue rail lantern, which I forgot to photograph, and the Big Beam Hazardous Location Lantern, missing its lens, which I am adding to the lot.

The Malkoff in the 3D Mag works, the little 3xAA warm/neutral LED lantern works, but the vintage lanterns are fodder for modding or restoration, i.e., they are mostly in decent shape, but, may require contact cleaner on the switches or fixing up/new bulbs/etc.

I have a giant box sitting here with plenty of packing material; this one will go FedEx Ground.

Washing machine still not included. :)

Pictures:

Last edited:

Deeohgie

Newly Enlightened
Your item "3) Blue Rail Lantern" and the orange one with the blue top are for blue flag protection for the car department. The carmen put those on the track when they lock it up so they can inspect or do repairs on cars in the track, or anything else they need it for. Some stay on steady or some strobe like a beacon, but they either hang them on the blue flag in the middle of the track or lay them on the rail.

I'm not a foamer... I've worked for Norfolk Southern for over 20 years.