Armytek Viking Pro v3 XHP50 vs Eagletac G25C2 MK II

Dukat

Newly Enlightened
I own the Eagletac G25C2 MK II with the triple led flood head along with a few older Eagletac lights.

How does the Viking Pro XHP50 compare to the Eagletac (with the flood head) throw & flood?
What about build quality?

Would you recommend the Viking Pro or should I wait for an XHP50 version of the Eagletac?.. or is the performance increase from the XHP50 not worth replacing the G25C2?

Input appreciated, thanks.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Not sure about Armytek, but Olight makes an excellent light. The R50vnP XHP50 Shaved Dome from SkyLumen is the one you want.

https://skylumen.com/collections/v54-lights/products/olight-r50vn-best-26650-light

That's a much different light then the Armytek though. It has a way more shallow reflector, is way bigger, it runs on 26650 vs 18650, it uses a timed stepdown vs thermal regulation, it has no low modes, it's nearly double the price, and it is a custom which can mean long wait times.

Sorry, I can't help you OP. I have a Viking Pro but mine is the V3 XP-L(Warm) version. I will say, the build quality and fit and finish on the Viking is better then any Eagletac I have ever owned.

Last edited:

Dukat

Newly Enlightened
That's a much different light then the Armytek though. It has a way more shallow reflector, is way bigger, it runs on 26650 vs 18650, it uses a timed stepdown vs thermal regulation, it has no low modes, it's nearly double the price, and it is a custom which can mean long wait times.

Sorry, I can't help you OP. I have a Viking Pro but mine is the V3 XP-L(Warm) version. I will say, the build quality and fit and finish on the Viking is better then any Eagletac I have ever owned.

Wow, I thought the Eagletac build quality was excellent so if you think the Viking is far better than that then I'm sold. Thanks!

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
Wow, I thought the Eagletac build quality was excellent so if you think the Viking is far better than that then I'm sold. Thanks!

I wouldn't say far better. Eagletac's build quality is definitely excellent but, Armytek's is another a notch up imo.

Armytek's lights are just built much tougher by design then Eagletac. They have beefy bodies with tough anodizing that doesn't chip, nice anodized trapezoidal threads, double o-rings at all connections, the larger lights(like the Viking) have potted electronics, and they use a shock absorbing duel spring design to cushion the battery.

Last edited:

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
That olight has something like 50% FAILURE reviews on amazon. Seems it fails the first 30 days or less.

Really.... luckily I've not had a failure issue with my R50pro or any Olight for that matter. The R50 xhp-50 shaved dome version with 2,700 lumens and 44K lux, in a great feeling 26650 package, is one of my all-time fav lights.

Dukat

Newly Enlightened
Placed an order for the Armytek Viking Pro v3 XHP50 (Warm)!

Dukat

Newly Enlightened
I think I'll get one too... for comparison. I suppose it's about time I checked out Armytek.

I have the Armytek Wizard (headlamp) and love it. They recently upgraded it to include the XHP50 emitter, USB charging and a much better mount. The new one is much easier to remove from the strap, the previous version you had to unscrew the tailcap and it's still very difficult to remove it through the tight rubber strap. I was tempted to order the updated version but was craving a new handheld light. :)

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
You read reviews on Amazon?

Dont listen to the competition writing bad reviews for you to read. Come here and get good advise , lol.

WIMMER, SUP DUDE!!!

Hey bro, doing well!

Yeah I was surprised to read what Shaysrebellion wrote. I suppose you can't always take reviews like the ones he mentioned as fact.

Tachead

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not saying that the competition couldn't have bought a bunch of Olight's on Amazon just to write false bad reviews on them but, I kind of doubt it guys:ohgeez:.

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have both lights. For a mid sized EDC I will take the AT. If I specifically need a mid range light then the ET G25C2 MkII is it so both are great.

Dukat

Newly Enlightened
My Viking arrived.
I like the finish, it is surprisingly light and the tint looks great outdoors.
I don't like that neither the clip nor thumb ring doesn't lock in position. They both rotate freely which is quite annoying. The ring is also very soft and bends when my finger presses against it while toggling modes with the tail switch.

The light comes with 2 rubber spacers. I removed one to make room for the clip, but now there's a little too much room between the thumb ring and clip so things float around. Great light otherwise but this free floating/rotating clip and thumb ring are disappointing.

Picked up the triple emitter neutral flood head for the T25C2, very nice.

Wondering if I should return the Viking and get the Olight Striker, but it doesn't have a neutral tint option which I've grown to love. Has anyone seen the Striker with XM-L2 that can comment on the tint?

Last edited:

ARsee

Newly Enlightened
I thought the ArmyTek lights were intriguing, given their size. I searched Youtube for video reviews, but most were in foreign languages to me. There was one review by JugglesWithKnives, (sorry dude) but his review was way....way....way out there, and lacking anything useful that could not be found in a foreign language.

Someone needs to do some English video reviews @CelticCross74 (wink) You seem to be loaded with AT lights. Humor us with some good reviews!
Anyway, sorry for rambling.

I picked up the Predator Pro v3 XP-L Hi. I really like the design, fit and finish. Compared to my Klarus XT12GT, I have not compared the two myself, but from an inside evaluation, the AT is on my night stand.

wimmer21

Flashlight Enthusiast
I am not saying that the competition couldn't have bought a bunch of Olight's on Amazon just to write false bad reviews on them but, I kind of doubt it guys:ohgeez:.

I see your point... I'm not up to speed on how Amazon reviews work exactly. Anyway, all I can say about the 2,700 lumen, 44k lux (ANSI) R50vnP XHP-50 (shaved dome) is that it's a winner!

BUT, nobody cares about that light in this thread so I will take my leave... never to return. :wave: