Bad SF A2 Bulb

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
I've barely had my SF A2 a month and the bulb just burned out, is SF pretty good about replacing them FOC, or am I SOL...? is this a trend on the A2, I seem to recall reading something about this, I've been using it a lot the past few days, I tried new batteries, Toshiba and SF and also looked at the bulb, hard to tell if it's toast though--- I'll try calling them tomorrow. Thanks!

kev1-1

Enlightened
Surefire should sort you out...they seem to stand behind their warranty IMHO. The A2 is supposed to have a 'soft' start up, whereby when you activate the light the current to the bulb is gradually increased, to protect the bulb. You have just been unlucky with a duff lamp

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I'll let you know my results.

Called Customer svc, they said they would send out a bulb at no charge, and if that doesn't work, then I should send the unit in for repair /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/cool.gif

Bravo25

Flashlight Enthusiast
Make sure it isn't the batteries. The only reason I say this is because it happened to me. I figured the batteries in it should still be good, the led's work but no main light. I was sure the bulb had gone south until I put in fresh batteries.

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
Thanks, I already tried fresh SF and Toshiba batts--- and No go... I looked at the bulb, it looks intact---so I'm wondering if it is the bulb---

NeonLights

Flashlight Enthusiast
Do you have one of the newer or older switches on it? My early A2 (S/N A00799) has had some problems with the tailswitch, and the problems manifested themselves in various ways, including getting the main incan bulb to operate. Supposedly the newer A2's have a revised tailswitch that is more reliable. One of these days I'll get around to calling SF CS for a replacement.

-Keith

CNTSTPDRMN

Newly Enlightened
Hmmm, good tip, I'll check it out, but my serial # is much higher (got it last montH), I would think it's newer--- Thanks I'll have to wait for the bulb in the mail to see---

TheFire

Enlightened
Yeah... SF is really good about such things - why do you think they're so popular.

I guess that this kind of Customer Service is part of what you pay for when you pay lots of money for a light...

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
to check if its a faulty tailcap, insert fresh batteries, then use a metallic object like a key to short out the -ve terminal of the battery with the lip of the battery tube. if the bulb still does not light up, then its either a blown bulb or a faulty A2 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif