I've Seen The Light .. or Have I ???

Witterings

Enlightened
OK ... I think I've seen the light ... in fact I've seen quite a few since my recent addiction but hey ... guess what ... it's just a light and at the end of the day if you can see where you're going you only need one ........ NOT ten!!!!! (probably more like 20 with various different associated batteries / charger as well).

People won't be sure if I'm posting this seriously or in jest but today my ZL SC52w arrived along with a SC62w (already have a 2nd hand one of those just needed to see if a brand new one was any better) and yes they're great torches ... you can't get much better .. so I took then out for a comparison walk with my Manker E11's and Jetbeam II Pro as well.

Comparing the SC62 against the 52, yes one's obviously smaller but the trade off is run time / space in the pocket, the beam pattern is so similar trying to choose which is better will depend on what stage the moons at against how much run time you'd like and if you've had 1 or 12 pints and half a bottle of JB that evening..

So I then try and distinguish between the Manker NW and the new ZL 52w, the 52w maybe has a slightly tighter hotspot and is a slightly warmer colour but maybe the E11 offers a bit more light with it's slightly cooler tint ..... so which of the 2 do I prefer .... then I take my modified E11 with a XP-L Hi with a slightly warmer tint dropped in to compare against the others and now this has a noticeably warmer tint with a tighter hot spot than the other 2 so I keep switching from one to the to the other to compare and can't decide between them so take the SC62w out of the pocket just top compare it against the others in case anything had changed whist doing the comparison ...... and then ... I suddenly noticed something!!!!!

The reality is .... They all light the way in front ... absolutely amased at this stage, it doesn't matter which one you use ... you can see where you're going ..... inCReDIbLE!!!!!!

Now here's the interesting part, having analysed all this and realised they all do the same except ....... maybe a smaller one is nicer in your pocket for walking back from the pub late at night and a slightly larger one better for taking the dog out for a walk so maybe 2 is the max needed and have ...... "Seen The Light" .... I probably won't be selling any of mine and will probably still end up buying more.

I'd seriously consider paying anyone with a simple explanation as to why ?????

StarHalo

Flashaholic
I probably won't be selling any of mine and will probably still end up buying more.

I'd seriously consider paying anyone with a simple explanation as to why ?????

Because you haven't tried an SC600 yet; about the same size with 0.01 to 1,300 lumens, walking along the street you have more visibility than you would with the headlights on your car..

noboneshotdog

Flashlight Enthusiast
Good read..... Your definitely going to need the SC600.... And then a few more after that just to round out your collection. Don't you want to see what a multi-emitter light with multiple cells looks like..... And maybe a monster thrower. Plus the new xhp. 2 LEDs have just arrived, may want to try that one. And what about that new charger and cells. Don't stop now. Hahahaha :popcorn: