Struggling in picking a E1DL/ E1L-A

LCPD43057

Newly Enlightened
So it's happening again that I have no idea which one to take 'cause both of them look great. Classic E-series looking, fine finish, beautiful texture...

Love E1L-A's run time but also in favor of E1DL's high output. Also
Wondering if 90 lumens of E1L-A would be a little too low for daily use/ quickly dropped 300 lumens of E1DL consuming 123A too fast?

Lookin' for advice. Thx guys.

Last edited by a moderator:

RobertMM

Flashlight Enthusiast
I EDC a E1DL but I carry a few spares in my bag.
For defensive use, the E1D wins but for more task oriented use and for hiking I'd take the E1L-a.
Having a lot more runtime on high is comforting if you don't have access to spare cells, and the E1L throws far enough for most people's needs anyway.

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
I still regularly use my E1L and find the high is high enough. I changed the tail cap to the shrouded one that allows tail standing, wish they did a green version but had to go black. I have more powerful torches but the E1L holds it's own with decent throw.

I am in the UK so the Defender series doesn't appeal due to the text - it seems to declare itself as being designed as a weapon. Subtley is good sometimes.

LCPD43057

Newly Enlightened
I EDC a E1DL but I carry a few spares in my bag.
For defensive use, the E1D wins but for more task oriented use and for hiking I'd take the E1L-a.
Having a lot more runtime on high is comforting if you don't have access to spare cells, and the E1L throws far enough for most people's needs anyway.
Yah personally I like E1L more since 300 lumens on one CR123A seems just a lie to me. I generally carry my lights in my backpack so I don't think if it comes to defense use E1DL would actually do any help. Could you tell me what's the difference between the old E1L (3/45 lumens Ver) and the 90 lumens new Ver? Lots of thx.

LCPD43057

Newly Enlightened
I still regularly use my E1L and find the high is high enough. I changed the tail cap to the shrouded one that allows tail standing, wish they did a green version but had to go black. I have more powerful torches but the E1L holds it's own with decent throw.

I am in the UK so the Defender series doesn't appeal due to the text - it seems to declare itself as being designed as a weapon. Subtley is good sometimes.
Agreed. if I have to use my flashlight to defend myself, that would be a really awful day... I think E1L-A suits my need in general EDC use. I think if I eventually need to get a real bright light I'd take P2X fury for primary use. Thanks for replying mate.

BigBluefish

Flashlight Enthusiast
Unless you are piaring the light with a pistol, I'd get the E1L-A. I have and use an E1L and an EB1. For routine tasks and bumming around outside after dark, camping, fishing, hunting, I use the E1L.

thenikjones

Newly Enlightened
Any suggestion on the model? 3/45 or 5/90 lumens one?

Do not know which mine is - bought it used off Facebook - but it is the KX1B head. I am impressed by the throw so recommend it. If anything I wish the low was a bit lower for indoors use.