Opinions on lights using LR1 batteries?

zanq

Newly Enlightened
I have an old Coast TekTorch that uses LR1 batteries. I only find a couple threads discussing LR1 or N batteries from many years ago, so are these generally considered to be inferior to modern designs and options?

The light has a screw-on diffuser/light saber that was handy for lighting up a tent but finding the batteries is a pain. I'm considering ditching any and all of my lights that use anything other than standard sizes (AAA, AA, etc.). The Coast uses LR1 and I have a Streamlight Stylus that uses AAAA, also a pain to find.

Thanks!

Lynx_Arc

Flashaholic
I have an old Coast TekTorch that uses LR1 batteries. I only find a couple threads discussing LR1 or N batteries from many years ago, so are these generally considered to be inferior to modern designs and options?

The light has a screw-on diffuser/light saber that was handy for lighting up a tent but finding the batteries is a pain. I'm considering ditching any and all of my lights that use anything other than standard sizes (AAA, AA, etc.). The Coast uses LR1 and I have a Streamlight Stylus that uses AAAA, also a pain to find.

Thanks!
N sized batteries are a pain to use, I have an old 2N tekna micro light that I've sort of modded to use a AAA and LED bulb I thought about using a AA and a better LED but the magnifying lense and reflector makes it tough to adapt any option.
As far as AAAAs are concerned there are some 9v batteries that used to have 6 of them inside I don't recall which ones have them though probably a search would get you that answer. IMO the streamlight stylus that I have uses a 5mm LED which IMO is no longer worth the effort of messing with AAAAs when I have a 2AAA LED light with a cree in it that puts out more light on low than the stylus does.