Please recommand a good light for a newbie!

Joseph

Enlightened
hi!
I've just started to love lights and try to get my first Led light. Please recommand a good 1W led light exept Arc series and Inova X5... I already have plenty data of them, and arc is way expensive for me to buy... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

I want a bright throw light not bigger that 5.5inches and not as expensive as Arc LS series.. It would be much better to be brighter than those though... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Thank you.

Joseph

Enlightened
yeh~ I really want one of them but unfortunately they ship products only to US... Here is way far from US.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif Thank you anyway!

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well...it might help if you say where "right here" is as I have never heard of that country...LOL. Maybe the Pelican M6 LED...might find a company that does international shipping on that light.

Welcome!

Joseph

Enlightened
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif Here's Korea! Wow I searched for M6 led and the reactions to this light is fabulous! Seems to be a cool lite!
I visited Pelican website and batterystation,and found the spec was different on those sites. Pelican says 41 lumens and 40hours runtime and batterystation says 16 lumens and much shorter runtime.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif Which one is correct?

Would someone please tell me the procedure and cost to buy M6 led from here Korea? and where? I visited batterystation and I was so confused with the order form.. gotta study English harder... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

By the way, what are those clikie black tail caps and new lens that new version of M6 has? Sorry Im a newbee.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/help.gif

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
The box it comes in says 41 lumen...but you got to take that with a grain of salt...I tend to doubt it. As far as runtime...it`s not regulated so starts to dim from the moment you turn it on...I would say maybe 2 hours before you want to stick new batts in it. But it would probably still glow a little at 40 hours. It is a very nice light for the money. How easy is it to get those 123 batts over there?

Joseph

Enlightened
Oh really... I heard it's regulated.. what a bad news... A pair of 123 batts every two hours is quite tough to use everynight.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif
You can easily find 123s overhere but its kinda expensive. Cheapest one that I found over here is panasonic 123 about 1.75$ per each.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well, thats just me...I tend to want it bright...then when I go to bed I put some dead batts in it...sort of silly as I have other dim lights. You maybe happy running it to 4 hours...but probably not. The lowest priced 123 powered regulated light I know of is the Ledextreme "Striker" at $60. I don`t have one and have not seen any reveiws on it...don`t know if anyone has one. The price on the Panasonics doesn`t sound bad.

Ken

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
You could try lambda lights 1 watt pills for the mag or brinkmann AA. I know the mag sells for under 8 bucks around here and the pill is only 20$. I just ordered one myself to use at work (electrician). I wanted something nice that I don't mind abusing. When the host gets fubar'd I'll just pop the pill over to a new host. I'm not sure if it meets your size requirements though. Also of benefit are the gazillion accesories available for the mag.

xochi

Flashlight Enthusiast
I forgot to mention how much fun it will be to outshine all my fellow workers who carry AA mags. Plus you'll have fun knowing that even though you are a newbie you've already modded your first flashlight. Did I mention the large selection of host colors? Oh, also, you're written english seems excellent to me.

I'll let you know what I think of the pill when it arrives.

Joseph

Enlightened
Thanks xochi /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif That will really help me /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif
I'm curious about the brightness of those pills! seems much better than original mags though.. How bright comparing with those LSH-Ps?

lak

Newly Enlightened
Another one you can consider is Elektrolumens' XM2 - it's a Luxeon 3W 2x123 unregulated light. Right now, it only costs $39.99 (pre-sale); could be one of the brightest for the price. But you need to act fast, as Wayne plans to increase the price tomorrow!

Check out the long thread (XM1) in Elektrolumens forum.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
For the money you just can't beat the Elektrolumens FT-3C or
Hyper-Blaster-1R. Both Fine lights using LUXIII led's which are WHITE and BRIGHT.
If you don't mind waithing for a month or so for delivery, order a XM1 a LUXIII surefire style light for $39.99. A steal.
Yaesumofo

Joseph

Enlightened
Cool lite! but a month is long enough to change my mind. haha. Bytheway how can I order something at this forum? I saw all those people saying "I ordered one!", "I just placed my order" how? total newbie to this kind of forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

lak

Newly Enlightened
[ QUOTE ]
chashu said:
Cool lite!....I saw all those people saying "I ordered one!", "I just placed my order" how? total newbie to this kind of forum. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are referring to ElektroLumens' XM2 or FT3C, you need to order it directly from ElektroLumens Web Site.

Joseph

Enlightened
Thankyou! I ordered an XM2. Looks a cool lite!
Bytheway, can someone tell me which minimag-host module is the most reasonable one? I only know about $20 lambda one. CPF is making me to avoid original m@gs.. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/sssh.gif