What if the new truck you ordered......

Status
Not open for further replies.

k4jdn

Newly Enlightened
from Ford or GMC, a premium model to use as a tool for your work, had scratches, and the dealer handed you a "policy" stating:
Note: GMC(or Ford) will no longer guarantee cosmetic quality of any trucks we make. Cosmetics include patterns, smudges, scratches, lines, tint variations, etc in the anodize, lens, reflector, optic, button, etc. If it does not affect the operation of the truck (brightness, corrosion resistance, interoperability of parts), we will not replace the truck at any time. You may return the truck of course during the 30-day satisfaction guarantee period but not replace it with another truck. Again, there will be no replacements because of a cosmetic issue.

Would you buy their truck, or look for another manufacturer?
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

shiftd

Flashlight Enthusiast
ditto to what nighty said. This has ben discussed at length in the other thread. There is no point in starting a new thread specifically on this subject /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

beside, you are talking about truck there and Arc is only a *small* flashlight company. There is very few correlation between them, if any

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
the problem isn't the new "policy"

the problem is people not understanding the new policy...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsdown.gif

Saaby

Flashaholic
It's completely different. Lights and Trucks are inspected at the factory. Trucks are inspected again at the dealer, at time of delivery. Lights are not. I'm sure if you took a trip to your local Arc dealer (1 location, Arizona) they'd be happy to make sure you were happy with the cosmetics of the light you received.

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i'd return the light if i wasn't satisfied. its not as if you're stuck with it if you don't like it. this policy just means that if you want to be picky, you will have to bear the cost of shipping, not arc.

Fastlane

Newly Enlightened
You pay the cost of shipping to get it and pay to send it back. Get on the backorder list if you want another one.
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif At least there isn't a restocking fee eh?

smokinbasser

Flashlight Enthusiast
If my new flashlight cost $32,000 and change I might get upset. For the current prices charged its being anal retentive to be concerned over slight tint differences in the HA finish or the light tint doesnt match your personal opinion if what is white enough. I could care less if the chrome plating on my torque wrench isn't the same tint on the drive head as the handle.As long as the torque wrench specs are met for tightning fasteners and the chrome isn't peeling off when I set the torque the first time I have no problems. ALL tools are made for a specific function, very few are purchased for their looks. What was your tool bought for??

CM

Flashlight Enthusiast
/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/dedhorse.gif

Empath

Flashaholic
Append such thoughts onto the original thread. The first thread is still alive and active. A second thread isn't needed. This ones closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.