Light meters and the flashaholic

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose all respectable flashaholics need one...from cheap anologe...to sweet digital...which one`s do the best jobs for different budgets...myself...I`m a poor guy, so any advice finding a cheap but good one would be helpfull. I think I want one of the old 1930-40`s GE type but not sure, I really don`t know diddly about them. www.ebay.com

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I would think all reviewers would need a digital one and one that can connect to the computer for graphing out would be ideal...it would allow batt life to be stated in a comprehensive manner....great for "bang for the buck" batt run time per output comparisons...if you live in the city this one`s for you... if you are stranded on a deserted island...looking for amazon women (glass insulator not allowed) or are taking a round the world tour...

The_LED_Museum

*Retired*
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenB:
I would think all reviewers would need a digital one and one that can connect to the computer for graphing out would be ideal...it would allow batt life to be stated in a comprehensive manner.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My digital was made when computers were dumpster-sized contraptions that used big reels of open tape for storage... so it is not capable of being connected to a computer.
frown.gif
frown.gif

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by KenB:

if you live in the city this one`s for you... if you are stranded on a deserted island...looking for amazon women (glass insulator not allowed) or are taking a round the world tour...
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What? No insulators? That's no fun.
What would you put the romantic Glade scented candles in?!?
grin.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
I suppose all respectable flashaholics need one...from cheap anologe...to sweet digital...which one`s do the best jobs for different budgets...myself...I`m a poor guy, so any advice finding a cheap but good one would be helpfull. I think I want one of the old 1930-40`s GE type but not sure, I really don`t know diddly about them.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I think we're in the proper thread now..
smile.gif

I saw eBay #1234063271 (exp.5/6)
@$10. -bad looking box, but says meter is like new and you will notice that the scale calibration allows for LOW readings...

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I put in a bid on #1232947371...using my sons e-bay account... boogspray2...it`s a neat old one...it`s a little scratched up but I`m afraid there might not be many more like this old one...take a look...but don`t bid...I know where you live
grin.gif

vcal

Flashlight Enthusiast
Ok, I put in a bid on #1232947371...using my sons e-bay account... boogspray2...it`s a neat old one...it`s a little scratched up but I`m afraid there might not be many more like this old one...take a look...but don`t bid...I know where you live
grin.gif
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif

Ken-that looks like same model as I bought last week..
smile.gif

Hope it works OK & you win it!
p.s.-don't forget to ask seller if the important "snap-on" clip plate for the top is included, -it allows for 10x levels for Bigger flashlights.

Badbeams3

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think the one like Doug is pointing out is probably the best one`s for us poor guy`s to use (the one I bid on is older)...there are a lot of this type for sale...could be a great "standard" one for many of us who don`t need the extreme accuracy of the digital...and the are affordable too. This way we would all have measurments in footcandles and would be able to understand how bright a light is when someone post there light readings.