2004 LED Wish List

Flashlight Enthusiast
The following are the features/specs I'd like to see more flashlights offered as...

2-AA regulated Luxeon 1-watt flashlight

2-C regulated 1-watt Luxeon LED flashlight

2-C regulated 3-watt Luxeon LED flashlight

2-D FULLY REGULATED 1-watt Luxeon flashlight (the Elektro-Lumens blaster is apparently only semi-regulated).

2-D FULLY REGULATED 3-watt Luxeon flashlight (the Elektro-Lumens Hyper-blaster is apparently only semi-regulated). I LOVE my Hyper-blaster, but I'd REALLY like a 2-D that has a flat run-time curve due to full regulation. Price it under $100, and that would be a very useful light.

Don't care about the brand for the above wish list, as long as the light is good quality and reasonable price (I think < $100 is a reasonable price).

Another wish list item (this one is brand specific):

2-123A regulated Pelican M6 LED--I love the current Pelican M6 LED, but wish a regulated version came out.

Also, I'd like to see:

Regulated 4-AA, 3C, and 2D flood models (several 5mm LED bulbs) that deliver a good flood beam. Aluminum construction--I can't warm up to plastic, err I mean polymers.

What LED flashlights would you like to see come out in 2004?

stockwiz

Enlightened
I want a light that has a form factor of an Arc AAA or a CMG ULTRA-G that runs a one watt luxeon regulated so it's about 3 or 4 times brighter then those models, nice and white without that angry blue look those two models tend to have, for carry on a keychain.

BentHeadTX

Flashlight Enthusiast
I want a Ultra-G with one of those 8mm LEDs (the ones with four emitters) The 100mA output would drop the battery life to 4 hours but I can live with it.

An Arc AAA with a slightly larger head to hold the 8mm LED. The great part of the 8mm is there is not need for optics or seals to waterproof it.

TerraLUX is coming out with a single AA regulated light, should be close to what you want.

I want Pelican to make a 5 watt light that mimics the Surefire U2...with a X3T emitter...and costs $99.95. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/jpshakehead.gif I think my wish went to dream.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
stockwiz - your wish comes true in a Firefly. Look around in the forums for discussions on it, and keep an eye out on the BST forums for the pre-sale announcement for the 2nd run of them. It's shorter than an Infinity, and a smidgen larger in diameter. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

357, not sure I can help you with those... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

stockwiz

Enlightened
Does the firefly use cr123 batteries? I'm looking for a light that uses AAA batteries preferably, but AA's would probably work with a form factor no larger then an ultra-g .. and regulated to put out a pretty flat output the entire life of the cell with perhaps a runtime of an hour or two being fine.

All the modders are using cr123's ... my arc LSL with a twisty pack fills that void. The market screams for a brighter AAA light compact enough for a keychain... at least for me. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon23.gif

snake

Enlightened
some wish already came ture at 2003:
get a sandwich, then you got regulated AA LS
mod a PM6 with BB700 & X3T with Mc parts, then you got a Pelican 5W! Mmmmm.... it cost more that $99.9 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
snake said:
some wish already came ture at 2003:
get a sandwich, then you got regulated AA LS
mod a PM6 with BB700 & X3T with Mc parts, then you got a Pelican 5W! Mmmmm.... it cost more that $99.9 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

As long as the 5Ws have sub 1,000 hour lifespan, I wouldn't be interested. When they start making 5 watts that last 10,000 plus hours, I'll give them a serious look.