Simple $.05 lanyard attachment mod for ARC 4+

Status
Not open for further replies.

MY

Enlightened
Like many folks, a lanyard attachment is essential for a light to be EDC. I solved the lack of lanyard attachment problem by simply attaching a fishing swivel held by one of the clip screws. The swivel has a very small spring clip that you can attach a lanyard. I choose a swivel that was just big enough for the hex head screw to go in. The swivel seems pretty strong and one can get heavy duty fishing swivels if breakage is of concern. Granted, the light is now head heavy but it works well in the hand. Since the fishing swivel actually "swivels," the lanyard does not get twisted. Such a simple mod and I think that it looks kind of cool. Besides, if I am fishing and I need a swivel in an emergency, there is one right on my 4+! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

jpeg

Enlightened
PIX PIX PIX !!! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif

Likebright

Enlightened
Man, I have some swivels l might go clipless for this. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thinking.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon6.gif
Mike

Sigman

* The Arctic Moderator *
Wow, that's some expensive fishing lure! Think of all the blind fish...now that's just not right! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

HandMeLite

Newly Enlightened
I have been using a fishing snap swivel for some time on my LSH and now my ARC4.
I bought some of the ball bearing swivels and they work very well. I used the snap that has a bend to lock the snap so that it cannot pull out unless a LOT of force is put on it. I also found some very small split rings when buying these that worked well (and compactly) to aid in attachment. I like the idea of using the screw hole to attach it./ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif But I like to attach it at the rear, so this might work for me on the coming new tail design.

Status
Not open for further replies.