Cells for Eagtac MX30L3?

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have something like 15 or 16 Eagletacs so I am pretty familiar with their product and their web site. Just looked over the technical specifications for the MX30L3. According to Eagtac the 18650 cells must be protected button top cells capable of at least 5 amps. So...if you are State side I highly recommend the Orbtronic 3500mah 10 amp protected button top 18650 cells. If you are NOT State side then Keeppower protected 3500mah 10 amp 18650's. Fenix and Nitecore also have their protected button top versions of this cell but cost on average $6-$8 more per cell. There is NO difference you would be paying a premium just for the brand name. Good luck....

jgmoosehunter

Newly Enlightened
Thanks for the respnse, CelticCross74! I did buy the 3400mAh Orbtronics instead of the 3500's because Eagtac's site says this light's cells should be no more than 68.5 mm, and the 3500's are listed as 69 mm. Not much difference but I am new to this and did not want to possibly damage any cells. The 3400's seem to do pretty well so far. I may upgrad in the future if you are sure they will fit. Thanks for your response and info!

jgmoose

CelticCross74

Flashlight Enthusiast
no problem. In my experience Orbtronics uses different protection circuits on their protected 18650 cells than Keeppower does. The Keeppower cells I have dealt with over the years have always been at least 1.5mm longer or more than their Orbtronics counterparts. Having a senior moment here but I cannot remember what amperage the NCR18650B 3400 core cell is rated for. The technical specifications on their site for this model do indeed specify nothing less than 5 amps constant current capable..there should be the constant current amp draw rating for the cell on the label somewhere whatever brand you have check that out. If they are printed 5 amps or more you are good to go...