Energizer Hardcase 1xAA Right Angle flashlight

WebHobbit

Enlightened
Found this little guy at a local Meijer's on sale buy one at $11.99 get a second for 50% off. So I got a couple.

thumb-ehcaa.jpg

Full Size:

https://lrpctech.files.wordpress.com/2017/11/ehcaa.jpg

It's rated at 75 lumens which actually seems a little brighter than that. beam pattern isn't beautiful but it is useful. Has a spot that is cool slight blue tint but the corona is warmer and slightly yellowish. Fairly floody not much throw/ I would say it would be perfect for messing with pipes under a cabinet or something. The head does not rotate or flip. The plastic bottom feels durable and is a nice texture in your hand. The clip has pretty decent magnets on it. Tail stands nicely with square/flat tail-cap. The 6 hour run-time seems right on the money. I didn't notice any brightness drop at all until about 4 hours in....stayed very usable for the full 6 hours and a little more. Then it started a very gradual and LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG taper!

The one I am testing has been on for about 16 hours now and it's still lit but isn't much use at this point. It's putting out a very dim firefly light now....I am trying to drain this AA and it just keeps going! This little light is a real battery vampire for sure! I like it a lot. The only weak part is probably gonna be the switch. It's on top of the head and is very mushy. Momentary is possible though so that's kind of cool. If the switch holds up this could be a really good buy at $9.00!

As an aside -why is it so hard to find single battery lights in stores?

Last edited:

terryoregon

Newly Enlightened
Does appear to be relatively new, first and only Amazon review Aug 23rd. Gotta love their advertising hype. According to the Energizer listing here;

"it's 10x brighter than standard LED light".

Therefore, a standard LED light is 7.5 lumens.

Last edited:

Boris74

Newly Enlightened
I have one of them. It's my youngest sons favorite. The battery does last a very long time. I also have the older rounded tan color version with the red and blue filters that screw onto the tail cap. It survived my last tour as an 11B and was abused often. I still use it. I don't know if the older version is still available but if you screw on both the red and blue filter it blacks out the light, but is an amazing IR light for them low/no lume nights if you have night vision.

xxo

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have big brother to that, a 400 lumen 4AA hardcase. I only got it because it was on clearance and I wasn't expecting much but it turned out to be a pretty good light, it has a nice neutral tint and seems like it will hold up to some hard use, no magnet on the 4AA unfortunately.

ZMZ67

Flashlight Enthusiast
There are no Meijers out here but I have been on the look out for this light and no luck so far.It is available online but I am always interested in buying at B&M stores when possible. It is a shame this light isn't widely available. Seems like it would be a decent single cell to leave in the car without fearing it becoming lost or stolen.