AAA Survives Front Loader

Status
Not open for further replies.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I knew, eventually, it would happen. Maybe it was the Mai Bock. (I replied in the "What's Your Favorite Beer?" Cafe post that mine was German Mai Bock Beer, which is only available for the next couple months.) There's a good reason this brew is called "liquid 'Ludes" or "mind block".

A bit o' blockage occurred when I did laundry and forgot that I transfered my AAA from its usual home in my pants pocket to a sweatshirt - and then proceeded to put said shirt into the washing machine. We have a front loading machine that creates a lot of water pressure through the clothes compared with a conventional top loading washer. The laundry literally gets dropped after it rotates to the top of the drum and pounded clean.

After 20 minutes of fill-rotate-drain-spin cycles, (the laundry, not me) I finally had a fleeting moment of lucid thought. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/ooo.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/hahaha.gif I ran down to the basement, shut off the washer and fished out the AAA which was still pocket bound. Holy crapoly - it still worked! That's one tough light. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/bowdown.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

cy

Flashaholic
my infinity ultra just survived a trip thru the washing machine. Bone dry inside. a tuff little light!

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
i had a surefire C2 that survived a full cycle in my front loader too, including the P60 /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Flashlightboy

Enlightened
For a second there I thought you were talking about a bra. Now that I know what you're talking about I find this to be a worthless thread. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

georget98

Enlightened
I though you meant one of these
highwayvehicles.jpg

chamenos

Flashlight Enthusiast
and i thought he meant a musket, cannon, or some other antique muzzle-loading firearm /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
George - me too!

Ha... a washer?! Small potatoes, my friend. Mine go through the *ahem* horizontal axis washer regularly. Easiest way to keep them looking like new. You can't hurt these things. I've driven my car over one. Twice. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif I have one that I keep just to throw onto the concrete floor to surprise my friends.

jayflash

Flashlight Enthusiast
I try to use topic titles that will attract attention without being too misleading. Like this example, it sometimes works as intended and I got to enjoy the jocular responses. Thanks guys.

DashingMan

Newly Enlightened
I dont know about an abrahms...i imagine even an arc would fold under the pressure...

/ubbthreads/images/graemlins/xyxgun.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.