Anybody has details on LedLenser V6 - 1W Luxeon?

Zvi

Newly Enlightened
I found this V6 1W Lux on ebay today. I have couple lensers and they're nice keychain lights. I'm sure craftsmanshi will be ok on this one, but as far as brightness and runtme goes I am not sure what to expect. At 4.1 inches in length it is harly a keychain light, though probably still qualifies as pockeltlight. 350ma current is it small or ok? What sort of output should one expect? Compared to Arc 4+ that I have will it be significantly dimer?
More at Zweibruder's V6 page but I can't read german.
If anyboady has it or seen it live I'd appreciate any input /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

03lab

Enlightened
The page doesn't give anymore useful information really. They just brag about being the first, the brightest, ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif

Did you take a look at the Excel sheets at the bottom of the page? (I don't have Office)

Kiessling

Flashaholic
Re: Anybody has details on LedLenser V6 - 1W Luxeo

While LedLensers are rather solid lights that produce a good output, they have several drawbacks you should consider before spending money on them:
- they are not water tight, most not even water resistant (except the V16)
- some use strange batteries
- the optics are not protected
- the switches might accidently activate if there's no clip to protect them
- some have weak switches that might fail or you might loose the rubber cap
- they are not regulated
- they have an abundance of different models that are still somwhat the same ... can be a bit confusing and frustrating

So ... now to your question about the V6-Series:

The V6-Series
V6_series.jpg

The V6 is a staniless steel light with an acceptable quality, but the threads feel wobbly. Uses 3xAAA in a holder, has no lanyard attachments and no lens cover. Of course, it is not even weathertight. Output is a bit ringy but as bright as an ArcLS and white. Has gold contacts.
The V6 Law Enforcement has a "reverse" clickie at the end of the light, is black (certainly not HAIII), has some circular grooves for better grip and is otherwise the same as the classic V6. Both are obviously direct drive or resistored.
They come in a neat design package with a nylon holster. Both use a Fraen Optics.
v6_tactical_nat.jpg

The V^2 Serie
Vx2.jpg

This is named differently than the V6, but is basically a refined version of the light. Has some good knurling, grippy but non-destructive, clicky switch and a lanyard hole. It is a well made light that has the great disadvantage of being only weathertight. I do not understand Zweibrueder ... would they make this thing watertight it would be a light with some potential! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/mad.gif
The build-quality is quite good, see pic:
Vx2_disassambled.jpg

There are versions of the V6 with 6X5mm LED in red or with a red LS, but htey are pretty rare. On their site they show some smaller versions of the V6 and V^2 that use AAAA batteries. Should shorten the runtime considerably and drive up the cost considerably, too. I do not own those.

Overall those are viable low cost alternatives for the premium lights we know and love AND use cheap batteries AND are good-looking. You just have to know what you are buying, otherwise you might be disappointed.

They are both at about the same brightness which is roughly similar to the Arc LS lights and significantly dimmer than the Arc4 at level1 I suppose (do not own an Arc4).
I did not do any runtime tests, but since those are unregulated / resistored lights they will fade constantly just like any other lights of this common class (might do a search on this here, I am sure some valuable runtime data shows up).

Here's a white-wall shot of the V^2 against an Arc LSH with a P4K 1W LS:
Vx2_-_Arc_LSH_P4K.jpg

And here you have an outdoor shot at 15yards, an Arc LS1rev2 low dome on top and the V6 below:
rl_led_01_arc_ls1rev2.jpg

rl_led_13_v2.jpg

Feel free to ask some questions, I will try to provide answers if I can ... /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif

bernhard

03lab

Enlightened

Wow, instead of giving a simple answer, you come up with a full review! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/eek.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Zvi

Newly Enlightened

Cool /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif Thanks a lot man. I think I might get V2 later.

Kiessling

Flashaholic

you're welcome guys /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif
bernhard