Which lights to sell?

bwaites

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you had a Surefire Z3 (90 & 91), Z2 (60 &61), A2, Pelican M6, M6LED, M8LED, Streamlight TTL 3C, and a Mr.Bulk SpaceNeedleII with a HID colored Luxeon V, which would you sell and in what order?

(The SNII is untouchable as far as I'm concerned, but I put it down so it would be considered when making the decision about the other lights.)

Thanks for your thoughts.

Bill

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Bill,

And here I thought you were a flashaholic...

You know that you are going to want them back at a later time, so I would suggest that you go by price. Sell off the cheaper ones, so when you buy them again, it won't set you back too much.

Tom

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Tough choices to make, Bill. Of course it depends on your needs, like you might want the Twin Task in your car or garage, and the Z2 by your nightstand with a firearm. Otherwise, they would be sooner sold in my book than the others.

So, the TT3C goes first. Nice light, but weaker than the others. Then I'd sell the M6, as long as you have a couple old lamps, so you could use them in the M6LED if you wanted. Then the M8LED because it's too heavy and not that much brighter than the M6LED.

Then the Z2, since you still have the Z3. If weight is a consideration, carry the M6LED or A2 and leave the Z3 at home. Now, whether to sell the M6LED or the Z3 first depends on a few things. You'll get more money for the Z3; the M6LED is more versatile, since you can put in an incan lamp; the Z3 is a better tactical tool. In the end, I'd sell the M6LED first and then the Z3.

That leaves us with the Space Needle II and the A2. I know you want to keep the SNII, but if I could only have one light, it'd be the SF. The A2 is more versatile and easier to carry, thus it's suited for more purposes and I'd part with it last.

Of course, if these are your *extra* torches, rather than your only torches, it might be different.

daloosh

daloosh

Flashaholic*,
Mmm. Okay, the picture changes a little. Sell it all as per Tom's recommendation and keep the SNII and the VIP, cause what else do you need? Don't forget the huge a** reflector for the VIP, too.

daloosh

ZENGHOST

Enlightened
Bill--I'd sell off the M6 first because you have the M6LED and could (probably) buy a spare incan lamp if you ever wanted to use it as the old version. Also, you probably don't need both the M8LED and TTL 3C. I'd probably sell off the M8 just because the TTL has more versatility with the LEDs and Xenon (that's the Twin Task, right?). Of course this is all only if you have to sell something /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

man...I type way too slooooow...

paulr

Flashaholic
I say sell all but the SN2 and Z3 because you know you're going to buy more lights again later, but they likely wouldn't be the same ones again. Well, maybe the A2. But perhaps an L2 instead of the A2. The Z2, PM6, PM6 LED are just redundant after that. Similarly the TT 3C, who needs it, get a Blaster 1R or something like that instead.

darkgear.com

Enlightened
Keep the M6 and the SNII. Sell all the rest NOW all at once.

Buy a VIP, TL FBOP and be happy. oh and maybe something from UKE if you're a diver.

There you have bright incan., LED, variable, and a rechargeable(and waterproof). Anything else you need?

Guess I'm in reduction mode.

Best regards,
Randy