ARC has come a long way!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

yaesumofo

Flashlight Enthusiast
Yeaterday I received an ARC-LS FIRST RUN #243. This unit is a little beat up but it is still very nice. It just has a bit more character than a new one. It is heavier than a LSH. The aluminum head is a bit thicker. Like the other ARC flashlights I have, this light is TANK-LIKE in it's heavydutyness. The edges are rounded. I am all for rounded edges. The bezel and body colors don't match(some things never change). The beam on this is on the purple side of white. No square beam artifact!! I will post a beamshot of the ARC LS vs the ARC4+. Then you will see just how far ARC has come.
We are talking bleeding edge old and new.
First color. Led's are a lot whiter now, ARC4+ no purple. ARC LS bluish purple.
Shape, ARC4+ Tight round hotspot, a good bit of side spill.
ARC-LS has an uneven beam usable but not very nice.
Like I said if you look at theese pictures you will see that ARC has come a LONG way. Lets hope they keep on going, we all benefit.
lsvs4a.jpg

lsvs4beam.jpg

See what I mean?
This is good stuff. I just wonder what we will be using to emit photons in 5 years. WOW!
Yeasumofo

Rothrandir

Flashaholic
also keep in mind that the old arc ls came along way....from nothing!

started on top and are staying on top /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grin.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/thumbsup.gif

Flashlight Enthusiast
I hope that Arc not only does very well, but that they also are able to expand. Increasing in size would help them supply more volume (less time when they are out of stock), and might bring the price down.

One recurring problem that I notice is constant times when they are out of stock. The demand for Arcs is higher than the supply.

Status
Not open for further replies.