4+ mini locator flash?????

Status
Not open for further replies.

dtsoll

Enlightened
I just noticed something very strange about the 4+ second that I have. I was going to bed, turned the lights off, had the 4+ in hand and went to set it on the nightstand when I notice a very low level locator flash. It is very dim, it would be unnoticeable in the daytime. I reset it and it is still doing it, anyone else have this??? It doesn't bother me I guess, shouldn't use much battery at all, kinda just glows at the same rate the locator flash would!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

KingSmono

Enlightened
Does it happen to be very cold when you're noticing this? If you have the RFS option enabled, it tends to barely *flicker*! I leave mine on a marble window-sill when I go to bed, and when I wake up, it does the same thing... I disabled the RFS and it doesn't do it any more. Theres a thread on it if you try searching a couple weeks back. Hope this helps!

-Allen

dtsoll

Enlightened
Thanks Allen, I'll disable and see what happens!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

Darell

Flashaholic
The flash is now VERY dim. I'm still wondering if it is the actual locator flash you're seeing. But you said you "reset" it, so who knows? It shouldn't have shipped with that enabled anyway. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/icon3.gif

dtsoll

Enlightened
Yep, disabling the RFS stops the very dim flash!! It is so dim, it can't possibly use any battery whatsoever anyway, I will probably enable the RFS and not worry about it. I guess more than anything I was just curious. Thanks for the help folks!!!!! Doug /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

jpeg

Enlightened
Mine isn't doing it (RFS is enabled) , but it's a pretty warm day, so maybe it is a temperature thing...

Status
Not open for further replies.