Ordered full custom light from Chinese artisan.

nitebrite

Enlightened
I know many might think I am biased from recent posts. That is absolutely not true! I am just against junk.
I just ordered a Mokume 1xaa from Reylight. This is different. It is not made in a big factory by 20 different people. It is made start to finish by one man who happens to be in China. In that regard I feel it is the same quality or better than anywhere else in the world. In fact is more money Mcgizmo Sapphire Or a standard model Photon Fanatic. Given it should be a better value to begin with and then costs more I hope it is fantastic. If you look at the pictures it looks as good as anything if not nicer. Of course it is not stock material. I just paid Considerably more for a Photon Fanatic Mokume. It looks sweet and I hope it is great. No reason it shouldn't be. I did not hesitate to order it. Being built by one person if he has the skills is much different than factory production. Regardless of where it is made. a flashlight does not know where it is made for that matter. It looks real nice if you go look.

Please try not to ruin this thread again!

scout24

Flashaholic
It seems your post is more of a statement than a desire to initiate discussion... I agree it's a pretty light though.

Ozythemandias

Flashlight Enthusiast
First off, Reylight has its place and I enjoy them.

That being said :
It is not made in a big factory by 20 different people. It is made start to finish by one man who happens to be in China

Source?

In that regard I feel it is the same quality or better than anywhere else in the world.

I don't see how the number of people working on an item is a predictor of quality\

In fact is more money Mcgizmo Sapphire Or a standard model Photon Fanatic. Given it should be a better value to begin with and then costs more. . .

How is it a better value if it costs more?

. . I hope it is fantastic.

Being more expensive does not mean it is better quality

If you look at the pictures it looks as good as anything if not nicer.

Pictures are not an indicator of quality either

. Of course it is not stock material. I just paid Considerably more for a Photon Fanatic Mokume. It looks sweet and I hope it is great. No reason it shouldn't be. I did not hesitate to order it. Being built by one person if he has the skills is much different than factory production. Regardless of where it is made. a flashlight does not know where it is made for that matter. It looks real nice if you go look.

I have no idea what you're talking about here or which light you're referring too

Please try not to ruin this thread again!

I'm not sure if I ruined it or fixed it :shrug:

Eric242

Flashlight Enthusiast
The light is basically the same as the Ti Lan V3.... just made of Mokume Gane. The switch is a horrible design in my opinion. Apart from that I really like the light. But due the switch I don´t use it all.

Eric

nitebrite

Enlightened
I guess it was more of a statement. Does everything have to be a question? Ozy, I see your points. I guess it was just Hubris that came over me. I do not mean to brag.I think from the looks of it, it may be the nicest Mokume light I am about to own. I guess I do have a point but I do not want another sour thread. I have no bias against anyone ever and a flashlight does not care where it is made. I do not know about the button but I think this thing is a masterpiece. TBH, Button no big deal I do not plan on using it much. Also, If it is not obvious I love Mokume, TiMascus ETC. It just has pizazz to me over standard Cu,Ti ETC. No one else has to comment if they don't want to. I was just sharing I was happy. I certainly do not mean to be a jerk about it though. I certainly hope I did not say anything wrong. I didn't mean to.

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
I just ordered a Mokume 1xaa from Reylight.

I have a Reylight Pineapple, and while it's a nice light, there are a lot of minor improvements that could be done to it to make it better. Hopefully, this 1xAA is a replacement for the pineapple, and they've improved on it.

First thing I hope they've done is make it have some decent output on a AA cell. The pineapple really needs a 14500 to be useful, especially if you want to use it outdoors.

Mr. LED

Enlightened
People have so much prejudice against China... it's a shame.

So what if it's from a Chinese artisan? Skilled people are everywhere, all over the world.

If you like the light and it tickles your senses, go for it and be happy.

nitebrite

Enlightened
100% MR. LED! Like I said and I truly mean this I have no bias towards anyone period. I have a very good feeling this is going to be one of the best lights I own.

holy, don't say that please I do have good intentions. Please do not get another thread locked. If there is something else to talk about in regard to Reylight go right ahead. Did you guy's see that? I really dig it.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
Im pretty positive everyone in your other thread knew you meant that you were more upset that it was listed as made in USA and wasnt, than the fact that it wasnt made in USA period..... except for one guy. Dont worry about it. Enjoy your flashlights and carry on. Every thread you make doesnt have to be a validation thread. this is a great forum with great people. Not everyone will agree all the time but thats life.

nitebrite

Enlightened
Thanks, Bro and you are exactly correct. Everyone is equal to me. We are all human beings. I guess TBH I kind of wanted to show this off before I even have it. It think it looks incredible. I don't mean to be a jerk though.

easilyled

Flashaholic
Isn't it just common sense that anyone anywhere in the world is capable of producing things of great quality as well as complete rubbish?

Exotic materials look beautiful when well finished. Mokume Gane is one of them. Mokume Gane lights look beautiful when they're finished by Jeff Hanko, Pete Gray, Jeff Sapp (all three from the USA) or Tain's master machinist (Taiwan). These are all custom flashlight makers at the very highest level. I have read in other threads that Reylight's artisan doesn't pitch his lights at that level or price-range. Nevertheless they are also far removed from most mass manufactured lights in quality.

Last edited: