Question regarding Side-switch durability?

Zeron1

Newly Enlightened
Matt here.

I have my Spark ST460 headlight for the longest time and even dropped it countless times before (have 2 broken lenses) and nothing happened to it. It's been a rock-solid light and never failed on me even with a side-switch light.

I sent my ODF30 to Lumintop for warranty repairs and it's been sitting with the parcel office for over a month and no update. I was not happy with what happened with the light and was wondering if all other side-switch lights are like this? I'm surprised that Lumintop did not do a drop-test to see if the light functions properly. With the battery inside, it malfunctioned and after looking at photos of a side-switch, I can understand why it malfunctioned the way it did. There's nothing holding or gluing the side-switch board down besides a loosely seated solder joint to the driver.

My button didn't respond to input or sometimes just turn off. Most commonly, it have a delay in the input.

Are other lights reported to misbehave like this fashion?

I'm in the market to look for another light with a XHP70.2 LED and a single cell. I still favor the 26650 side because of how comfortable it is around my hands. Are other side-switch lights that bad or did I got a bad light?

chumley

Enlightened
Hi Matt, sorry to hear about your Lumintop malfunction. I can only comment on my experience with side switch lights, but I have purchased about 45 lights with side switches. Only 1 had to be sent in for repair because of switch malfunctioning. That seems to be pretty good reliability. The light I sent in was an Olight s30, it was brand new so a bad one slipped through. Olight fixed it and it has worked ever since I got it back.