Countycomm Ultra 18650 flashlight

Protonus

Newly Enlightened
I've generally been very pleased with my CountyComm / Maratac lights, had quite a few of their various normal AA / AAA powered lights over the years. Been thinking of picking up a MicroUSB rechargeable light for a while now with more power, and this fit the bill.

Curious what others think about it though, if it's worth the cost or if there are better options at this price range etc. /Subbed for opinions, ty!

Derek Dean

Flashlight Enthusiast
I've generally been very pleased with my CountyComm / Maratac lights, had quite a few of their various normal AA / AAA powered lights over the years. Been thinking of picking up a MicroUSB rechargeable light for a while now with more power, and this fit the bill.

Curious what others think about it though, if it's worth the cost or if there are better options at this price range etc. /Subbed for opinions, ty!
Howdy Protonus, and happy to have you finally posting after being a member for 10 years:crackup:

Hey, that looks to be a fine light, and I love my AAA Maratac key ring light, but are there better options? I think so, and here is a link to one possibility:
http://www.zebralight.com/SC63w-18650-XHP35-Flashlight-Neutral-White_p_177.html

The light I linked to is a generation back from their current model, and is on sale for only a few dollars more than the countrycom light.

If you're not familiar with Zebralights, you might spend of bit time looking at some reviews. Their user interface can seem a bit complicated at first, but once you understand and use it a few times, most people find it to be amazingly simple, intuitive, and incredibly flexible, giving us way more than 3 levels of light to let us better pick the right level of output to match our current needs.

Now, to be fair, the countrycom model does come with a battery and has a built in charger, but ok, here is a link to ZL model that is 2 generations back, costs less than the countrycom model, and when you add in the cost of the battery (shown at the bottom of the info page) comes out just about equal cost:
http://www.zebralight.com/SC62-18650-Flashlight-Cool-White_p_147.html

But you'd still need a charger, so here is a link to an inexpensive but suitable charger:
https://www.gearbest.com/accessories/pp_1568413.html

Of course, going this way would mean you'd need to take the battery out of the light to charge it, but in all honesty, in the long run I think you'd find it very worth the small effort required, in exchange for having the flexibility offered by the ZL.

However, having said all that, there is something to be said for simplicity, and for some folks that is the primary concern, as they only want a light with 2 or 3 levels and don't want to be bothered with having a charger. I get that, and only offer these suggestions to give you some options.

Feel free to PM me if you have any questions about which ZL model might be best suited for your needs, or if you have any questions about the UI, etc., and good luck with your search for a new light : )