Nitecore SRT7 - Looking for a holster

smasher

Newly Enlightened
I've got 2x Nitecore SRT7 lights, and my only complaint is the holsters that came with them. Any recommendations?

The Nitecore NCP40 seems almost like an obvious choice, but there's one thing I can't tell from the pictures... It seems like that holster is designed for molle systems, and I just want to put it on a belt. I don't trust velcro, so I'm wondering... Can that holster be slid onto a belt so that it would be secure even if all of the velcro failed? Or does it rely on velcro even to keep it on a belt?

I also tried a Fenix Tasmanian Tiger, and I really liked it, except the SRT7 doesn't fit in it. Is there anything like that, but "bottomless", like the original SRT-7 holster? That would be perfect.

Thanks...

Timothybil

Flashlight Enthusiast
I understand your concerns, but remember that those straps are mil-spec, which means that they have been tested for that very concern and have passed the military's specifications tests for that very concern.

smasher

Newly Enlightened
I'm looking for nylon, or similar? No leather.

Any other decent holsters that would fit an SRT7 and work well on a belt?

I really wish the Fenix Tasmanian Tiger was available in a "bottomless" version. That would be ideal.