Streamlight TL2 and TL3 differences???

bigmikey

Newly Enlightened
I was just curious to find out what the differences between the 2 are besides one uses another battery. Are they both the same brightness? also how much shorter is the TL2 over the TL3?, thanks in advance.. I forgot to ask, what are the runtimes on each one using the LEDS, and also Using the Zenon bulb?.

bigmikey

Newly Enlightened
I read somewhere that the TL3 uses double AA batteries. Am I wrong /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/confused.gif, what about the TL2 does it come in double AAs or just the 123 style?, if they dont use regular AA's, what would be the closest competitor for quality and brightness?..

hacky

Newly Enlightened
If you mean the Tactical Light series by "TL", then they're all using CR123 batteries. The TL-2 uses two, and the TL-3 uses three 123 batteries.

You might want to check out PT Surge, as it uses AAs, and it's bright!

I'm sure others will suggest a few more lights to consider! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif

bigmikey

Newly Enlightened
I am just looking for the brightest 2AA light out there, something to fit in my Maxpedition M2 pack on my belt. It will be used alot for working on my truck. I have read that the TL3 puts out about 60 lumens. Is there something close to that that will use 2 AA batteries instead of the 123's?

StuU

Enlightened
For mechanic work, I would recommend the Streamlight SL7 4AA with 7 leds. It's bright as heck, small enough to fit into tight spaces, and light enough to be held between the teeth when you really need 2 hands. I run mine on 3 AA + dummy cell. The Streamlight 3C 10 led really good for this purpose but is a bit larger and heavier.

Another good one looks like the UKE4AA with luxeon star and regulated output for 10 hours of light. On sale at Brightguy for $20.00 for a limited time. Very compact.

Flashlight Enthusiast
[ QUOTE ]
StuU said:

Another good one looks like the UKE4AA with luxeon star and regulated output for 10 hours of light. On sale at Brightguy for $20.00 for a limited time. Very compact.

[/ QUOTE ]

A great one for the price. Very white beam, excellent beam quality (no rings, holes, etc), and fully regulated all at a cost of $20.