Anyone have the Roithner optics?

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Bottom of the page. I've never heard them mentioned, and they don't appear to be from Lumileds or Fraen.

View the datasheet. It also mentions something about a 2 degree optic (I assume they mean half angle).

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hmm. I see they have the UFO leds. Also looks like they have 35mm disc UFO leds that have 3 of them on one board. It also shows a UV 3xUFO disc @ 1050ma!! Also a standard UFO UV @350ma!!! Someone should find out how much these are, I bet a group buy would be big on these. UV led's close to luxeon output!!
Edit: seems these look like the UFO's but they have a higher dome on them, like an 8mm led.... interesting..

The optics you see there are made for the UFO leds. Not sure how well they would work on Luxeon, but the holders would be usefull for certain mods as they will hold nx05/etc optics.

Lux Luthor

Flashlight Enthusiast
Isaac,

View the datasheet (all the optics links link to the same single datasheet). On there it explicitly states that their optics are designed for Lumileds 1 watt Luxeon HDs.

Direct link to datasheet.

It also mentions that they're made from rugged polycarbonate, instead of acrylic.

IsaacHayes

Flashlight Enthusiast
hmm, I guess I figured they were for the UFO's b/c mark hannah's site shows simalar optics on the UFO's...

chalo

Newly Enlightened
I ordered some UFO LEDs from Quickar Electronics along with some optics that look exactly like those on the page you posted. The optics are 100% interchangeable with NX-05 and Fraen LP optics.

I also got some round holders intended for use with UFOs and some hexagonal holders intended for Luxeons.

The 6 degree type of optic throws a tight beam, similar to the Fraen but with a slightly smaller hotspot and a little bit more spill. Unlike the Fraen, the front surface of the 6 degree optic is flat.

I also got the 15 degree kind, with a fresnel-like front surface, and a type intended for fiber optics that has a bulging front surface.

The overall finish quality of these optics is inferior to NX-05 or Fraen LP optics, but their performance seems functionally equal.

I like the simplicity of the optics holders and the fact that they are transparent. (I think black and white ones were also available.)

Chalo Colina