Is my BLF A6 XPL defect?

SnowJim

Newly Enlightened
Hi,

I Orderd 2 BLF A6 XPL and have now tested them out. One of them seems to work a bit strange, when turning it on it seems like its not, but when looking at the diod I can see that it is lit, but just barely? Also first time I got any visible light out of it the light was flickering strange, not lika in a strobe mode. The second and third level looks the same, other modes seems to work.

I havent found a good manual of how to factory reset it or even configurate it. Maybe I have accidentally set it in some strange mode?

WalkIntoTheLight

Flashlight Enthusiast
Hi,

I Orderd 2 BLF A6 XPL and have now tested them out. One of them seems to work a bit strange, when turning it on it seems like its not, but when looking at the diod I can see that it is lit, but just barely? Also first time I got any visible light out of it the light was flickering strange, not lika in a strobe mode. The second and third level looks the same, other modes seems to work.

I havent found a good manual of how to factory reset it or even configurate it. Maybe I have accidentally set it in some strange mode?

If I had to guess, I'd say it has a defective 7135 chip in it, which provides lower modes. From what I understand, those chips usually fail to "always pass 350mA current", but I guess yours has failed to "pass no current".

The FET driver provides upper modes, so that is why those levels appear to be working on your light.