Camping lantern

Salmonfacesalad

Newly Enlightened
Please forgive me if this has been discussed or already recommended.

I'm using a nite ize radiant 400 led lantern now. It's fine, does it's job well. Im looking to purchase something similar again but this time with a warmer led if possible.

2700-4000k range

250-600 lumens

Disposable primaries. CR123 if possible. If it's rechargeable too that's great but disposable primaries is a must.

Thank you.

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have the Fenix CL25R. Excellent review here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...A-White-Red-leds-micro-usb-350-lumens)-Review

AFAIK Fenix doesn't publish specs on the emitter, but post #10 in the review posits that the LEDs are 3500-4000k. I would say closer to 4000K. But definitely neutral. Very pleasing temp and tint.

Bottom line is that I really like this lantern and I think it checks your boxes. A plus is that you can use either 1x18650 rechargeable or 2xCR123 primaries.

Last edited:

Salmonfacesalad

Newly Enlightened
Thank you!

I have the Fenix CL25R. Excellent review here: http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb...A-White-Red-leds-micro-usb-350-lumens)-Review

AFAIK Fenix doesn't publish specs on the emitter, but post #10 in the review posits that the LEDs are 3500-4000k. I would say closer to 4000K. But definitely neutral. Very pleasing temp and tint.

Bottom line is that I really like this lantern and I think it checks your boxes. A plus is that you can use either 1x18650 rechargeable or 2xCR123 primaries.

Berneck1

Enlightened
I've often felt that improvements in lanterns are overlooked compared to flashlights. The better lanterns like the UST 30-Day or Streamlight Seige are not warm LEDs. They focus more on ruggedness and runtime. Or at least that's the sales pitch. I would be curious if there are better lanterns out there.

Fenix has one that takes 3 x 18650. Looks interesting, but I use my lanterns for emergency use, and prefer common battery types. However, for planned outdoor excursions, it may be worth a look.

If anyone knows of lanterns that cater to the warmer end of output, I would be interested in that as well.