Is AW back in business selling batteries?

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I found a AW IMR 16340 battery for sale on vaporshark, which is a vaping website. Wondering if the AW owner rebuilt his flooded factory and is now offering batteries from major manufacturers?

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I m seeing several listed on various websites (some have stock some do not) as well as ebay but I personally wouldn't bother now. 550mah? Why not go for 700 or now 800?

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
I have some aw 16340's (4 I think) and a few flat top 18650's. Looking into the new vape cell and the imr's HDS is now doing. They are great performers too but I ve emailed aw and haven't got an answer back. In saying that I ve not seen any information on them being back in business

id30209

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think somobody found lost stock. AW's 16340 are now outdated, Fenix cells have better test results than AW and IMR's can be also found at cheaper prices.
Protected 18650's were and still are my favourite for incan use and in smaller size than most todays batteries.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks guys. I need to invest in some vape cells and can't get the HDs ones at the moment I think. Can someone tell me bout the Fenix and olight batteries? Pm if need be to avoid going off topic

RCS1300

Flashlight Enthusiast
I think somobody found lost stock. AW's 16340 are now outdated, Fenix cells have better test results than AW and IMR's can be also found at cheaper prices.
Protected 18650's were and still are my favourite for incan use and in smaller size than most todays batteries.

I agree, someone probably found some new old stock of AW batteries. I contacted rtdvapor, the retailer that had supplied me with AW batteries in the past. He said in an email to me: "We have not received any recent information from AW about their battery production. As far as I know they will not be producing batteries again."

supawabb

Newly Enlightened
So if a guy wanted a top of the line RCR123, either 3.6 or 3.7v, what would you guys suggest? I have AW's, but they are older and do not hold charges very well anymore. Used in surefire legos with Malkoff drop ins, rated to handle the 7.4volts. Suggestions?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
So if a guy wanted a top of the line RCR123, either 3.6 or 3.7v, what would you guys suggest? I have AW's, but they are older and do not hold charges very well anymore. Used in surefire legos with Malkoff drop ins, rated to handle the 7.4volts. Suggestions?

I think the best rated ones right now are the Vapcell 800mAh on Illumn. HKJ also has a review where they tested very well.

usdiver

Flashlight Enthusiast
theOdore3524, thank you.

I also agree and also the new ones HDS are doing seem to perform really well also.

I m looking to get away from protected. Running a couple protected ones in my first light Tomahawk they have Been run down pretty hard and no longer will hold a decent charge for very long after recharging and that sitting still and not installed. My aw s are still very consistent

Last edited: