Is there an EDC light that outperforms the SF EDCL-2T?

Mcnamara0851

Newly Enlightened
I've carried an EDCL-2T in my pocket since they were released. I lost it late this harvest and have been looking for a replacement. I loved everything about the light besides the gas pedal cap. I use it everyday in the shop and around the farm, and on a regular basis to check cows at night. I really liked the throw of the SF. I could find calves in a snowstorm across a section. I hunt with night vision as well, so it would be nice to have a low, as well as a high to use in the field. With that being said, reliability, throw, and simplicity are my criteria in that order. I would prefer to run rechargeable batteries, and have a single button with low, high, and off. I purchased an o light m2r pro to replace it, and it lasted 3 days before it quit working. It had less throw, and was over complicated. The knurling and strike bezel were obnoxious. Is there a replacement out there that meets or exceeds these criteria or should I just pick up another SF?

the0dore3524

Flashlight Enthusiast
If you don't like the gas-pedal tailcap check out the E2D. Plenty of throw and goes high-low with each click. You might also be able to find an EB2 Backup if you look online.

If you want something with all your criteria, including rechargeability, check out the P1R from SF.

Lumen83

Enlightened
What is it about the gas pedal tail cap that you don't like? This might help determine which light may suit you best. Personally, the gas pedal tail cap is the best selling point of this light. But, we may have different use cases.