How many brands of LED flashlights are there?

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
How many brands of LED flashlights are there? Approximately?

How many new brands of LED flashlights are created every day?

I just checked the GG website, and there, I learned (for the first time in three days) something new: There is a new brand of flashlights that I never heard of!

Since more is better, things are looking steeply up for the flashlight world. :)

harro

Enlightened
That's a major question. I reckon you would have to set a definitive line and say, ' to this point in time there are....' We are spoilt for choice and that's a fact. It can only be good for flashaholics the world over ( in this context, flashaholic includes everyone with an interest in flashlights ).

:twothumbs

bykfixer

Flashaholic
You mean now, or ever?

Lots of companies went out of business, some sold to other companies and some are still out there in a coma due to all of the new kids popping up like mushrooms in August.

lightfooted

Flashlight Enthusiast
Well I can think of ten major players just off of the top of my head. So probably three times that or more. Easily.

InvisibleFrodo

Enlightened
A lot of flashlight "brands" aren't even real brands, they'll take generic Chinese lights and put their own label on them and run their own silly marketing campaign. "These used to be government exclusive lights that were illegal for civilians because they're SO bright! But now you can own one of these lights for (insert price here)!" Meanwhile you can find the exact same light from a different "brand" with a different marketing scheme and a different price. Cheap cheap lights being sold at incredibly inflated prices.

richbuff

Flashlight Enthusiast
Thanks for replies. :)

Now, existing brands, or ever existed brands.

Well, anyway, someone in another topic linked me to yet another (budget) brand that I never heard of, that I want to follow up with, because they offer a light that offers brief flash burst screamer performance from a single 21700 and three reflectored XHP 50.2 emitters. I will follow up with it in the Budget Section of this forum.

Thanks again, everyone!