Is there a custom light like this that I can get now?

nitebrite

Enlightened
Must be very small. About size of AA battery. TI , Damascus or Mokuti. 800-1000 lumens high cri neutral white. Rear click or twist. Must be able to get in 30 days. New. I saw what I am looking for at $600 on Amazon but I think it is Chinese mass produced. I will spend up to $2,000. I will consider used if in brand new unused condition at a savings not markup. I am not sure if the output is wishful thinking? I would even consider copper. I am very serious about this if it exists. Otherwise, how close can I get? Thank you

archimedes

Flashaholic
If I were in the market to spend ~ $2K on something AA-sized (would need to be 14500 for that output) ... I would be trying to get in touch with PhotonFanatic, and I wouldn't be setting any 30-day schedule :shrug:

Last edited:

lion504

Flashlight Enthusiast
I don't think this light exists. I'm reading that the OP wants a light that is the size of a AA battery - i.e. 14mm in dia and 50mm in length - not a light that takes a AA. If so, the LAN is too big. The Muyshondt Ti Aeon Mk 3 is avail, but still too big (17 x 63mm) and not even close on lumens (160). The MBI HF hit 600 lumens. Maybe the Minion R2? Supposed to hit 2500 lumens at only 50mm long, but not sure of avail or material.

Last edited:

nitebrite

Enlightened
I have to be honest guys my motive. Personal issues. I thought something like this would impress some "sheep". I really have no need for such a thing. My edc suits me just fine and I love it. It is a Musyhondot Maus Opus. Far cry from 1,000LM at 60LM although mine is modified at maybe 80LM. I love it. It is beautiful, I could not ask for better craftsmanship and honestly for a keychain 60+LM is enough. Plus it is tiny. Tiny is my #1 consideration in my pocket. I hate feeling what is in my pocket. I carry that and a William Henry Pikati. I think the Rey Light is a lot bigger than the Maus? Plus isn't Rey Light made in China? That does not matter though since it is custom. I just see the regular Lan is like $60? Obviously that is not the same. If it is even the same maker? I think that would be too big though. Okay, I am willing to forget 30 days if PhotonFanatic can come through. I once found his webpage but cannot find it now. Any contact info please? Honestly more realistically 1xRCR123A at 400LM would be good enough. I just want to impress some folks TBH. I know that is stupid to spend $$$ for that reason but I am being honest when I say I have confidence issues. I am not in High school either I am 61. I do like PhotonFanatac, I have a bit larger one of his. Also top quality with crystals around the bezel. AFAIK he will build anything so he might be my guy. Although if I can get over my issues here I can just save $$$. No one needs a keychain light with more than say 100LM? I apologize for being an idiot. I will still do this if It can be done. I just feel bad that I have a low self worth but that is certainly not your guys problem. It is mine. I mean a lot of you would be darn proud to carry the Maus Opus probably? Thank you

BTW, those lights on Amazon were just something with an absurd price. They were really $30 lights.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
ToolVN but I don't think Vinh has any available in special metals right now. May need to contact him at skylumen

archimedes

Flashaholic
Tough to know how to respond to that ... don't know too many people truly "impressed" by a light :shrug:

Flashlights are a tool, I illuminate stuff with them, and having nice quality tools is something I feel quite fortunate to be able to use. Truly brings me joy.

I think of lights in the same category as a hammer, or pliers. I have Estwing and Knipex too, but it would be the rare individual who would know or care.

It is uncommon that I need or use over 100 lumens. I am always seeking better quality of output, not greater quantity

I am not adverse to "bling" but I can't say i seek it out. Function over form, substance over style. Both are nice though :)

Hope you find what you seek :candle:

nbp

Flashaholic
I knew this sounded familiar. We had a similar discussion in 2018, looking back.

And yes, as the others pointed out true customs take time and high output lights are rarely tiny. There will most likely be compromises.

nitebrite

Enlightened
Okay here is a deal! Rey has the Damascus on his website for $300! It is $750 here! However he is sold out of XP-L. That is no big deal because 219C is half the lumens but way better beam. I am sure it will still impress. It is honestly not huge. I think for $300 I will just go get it. Of course it is Chinese but it is custom. So it does not matter to me. For that price I could care less. Where do you get a Damascus light for $300? Heck it is $750 on here. Please do not go buy them all before I get one. That will satisfy me since it is not an edc anyways. Done deal. Thanks guys.

nitebrite

Enlightened
nbp, did I do this before? I don't even remember? Can you link the thread please. My apologies!
Seriously I am getting the Rey now. that is a deal.

bigburly912

Flashlight Enthusiast
That is no big deal because 219C is half the lumens but way better beam. I am sure it will still impress.

Don't hold your breath my friend. I hope whatever you are trying to seek from this you can find an alternate route because impressing somebody with your flashlight just isn't going to happen unless you are at an enthusiast meet. Most people will shun you even more and then you are going to walk away 300 dollars poorer and disappointed in your decision to waste your money.

nitebrite

Enlightened
Sorry nbp. I did not know I did this before. Like I said I honestly have "issues". I hope you can understand.

You would be surprised. Pull out a tiny light with 800 lumens and most layman" say "wow". Besides that nbp is right I really do like Damascus, Mokuti ETC. I would even take Gold/Diamonds if I could get it! Does it make it a better light? no. It is just eye candy. I like it. I think some of you would honestly be surprised at my collection. Not bragging. I just like bling. That's all. It does not hurt anyone. I saved my money for years.

The Royvon I really like. However I am pretty sure it has an inbuilt battery? That is bad news for $500!

Could someone please answer a question? Where is ReyLight made? I thought China but now I am not sure? I was just interested since I just got one. I don't care because it is custom. I was just wondering. I figured he speaks English too good to be Chinese. I know that is kind of racist but I don't mean it that way. I just have no clue where it is made? I will say it was a bargain! I kind of wanted the XP-L but honestly the 219C is the better emitter. Just please tell me where it is made if anyone knows. No jokes please :) Thanks

Super Dave

Newly Enlightened
We all have issues. I appreciate your honesty. Good luck in finding happiness, peace or whatever you are seeking. If you do spend some big money on a light then please post pictures and a review.

nitebrite

Enlightened
Thank you Super Dave. The thing is I am actually mentally ill. I did not really want to share that. I am a very nice man though. I just struggle with my life. I feel "things" make me happy.
I got the ReyLight on his website. You can go look. It is a 219C. I will tell you about the beam/output when I get it. It is in fact not as nice as the $700 one on here. It is close though. For $300 it shall suffice. It was also very limited. I am still not sure these are made in China but if not I do not know where the heck where? I am just curious. Since I do not see how they are making custom lights in China. That is not really what China is setup to do. Plus there apparently is an actual guy "Rey" building them. Odd. Dave, I remember you. You have been here nearly as long as me!

nitebrite

Enlightened
Indeed, he is in China but the Damascus, mokume he makes himself by hand! Any of them are not your average Chinese Flashlights.