Need help with a Logo.

DSpeck

Flashlight Enthusiast
I'm getting a website made for me, but the designer says he would like a logo, which helps to set the tone of the site, from font to colours to overall look.

Now, I know that there are several members of the CPF who are good at this sort of thing, and I am appealing for their help with this. I am not sure what remuneration I can provide, but we can work something out.

My company name is DnA Workshops. (I'm producing the Firefly under this company name).

I am thinking for colours to have black, white and hunter green. Font - Babylon 5 main logo font (I know, but it's my favourite show /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/smile.gif /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/tongue.gif ).

I was sort of picturing an oval with the "DnA" inside it in the background, with "Workshops" superimposed on the front. All of this in "raised" type, with shadows and highlights, etc. Letters in white, background in hunter green, please. Small caps is the way I'm envisioning it.

Can anyone help? I'd like to keep the submissions on here, so everyone can see, but you can just email them to me at [email protected] if you'd rather do it that way. I'll post the final ("winning") logo on this thread for all to see.

Come on folks, let's see what you can do! /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/grinser2.gif

Doug.

Charles Bradshaw

Flashlight Enthusiast
One thing, Doug. Please make sure he does it so that it works with most if not all major browsers, and not just IE. Can't help you on the logo end, though you need to make sure it doesn't infringe on someone else's trademark or whatever.

SilverFox

Flashaholic
Hello Doug,

Since the success of the FireFly got you headed in this direction, how about a rendition of it for your logo. You could use a picture of it, go with an engineering drawing of it, or have a futuristic guess as to where it will end up.

You could link up the attributes of your manufacturing capabilities with arrows or lines identifying the various parts of the FireFly.

I would also suggest that you look around and see if others in similar businesses have any logos that could be modified or re-invented for your use.

Remember to take your time in this. You can change your logo down the road, but it is better to get it right the first time.

Tom