• You must be a Supporting Member to participate in the Candle Power Forums Marketplace.

You can become a Supporting Member.

Sold/Expired **WITHDRAWN** Gene Malkoff says I may have damaged the head.

wweiss

Enlightened
**WITHDRAWN**

3-24-2020 - EMAIL UPDATE FROM GENE MALKOFF (seems I may have compromised this head - so I'll keep it and use it till it dies. ...):

"Hello William,

The integrated circuit in the M61HOT are not rated for that voltage. I really don't know if you have damaged it yet or not. I am surprised to hear that it still works. It seems like a really bad idea.

Thanks, Gene"

**WITHDRAWN**
A Malkoff MD4 with M61HOT head - some use - excellent condition (some small dinks) - conus only - shipping included for both $145.00.
I could partition the sale but not interested in a trade this time. BTW the head has a Hi-Lo ring. $95 for head - $60 for body if partitioned.

NOTE: Yes, it's a 6v head - sorry I didn't explain my use - this was my dog/woods trail walker setup and I ran mostly on "Lo" with 2 Efest 18650 3000mAh 35A 3.7v.
On the rare occasion I needed a blast I would tap the head and go to Hi for a very short duration.
Worked like a charm with the extra voltage momentarily. On Lo, this setup gives a bright (almost too bright..) ,very long run-time with good spill/throw balance.

William

Malkoff MD4 + M61HOT IMG_4117.jpgMalkoff MD4 + M61HOT IMG_4118.jpgMalkoff MD4 + M61HOT IMG_4119.jpg

Last edited:

thermal guy

Flashaholic
Re: WTS Malkoff MD4 with M61HOT head - some use - excellent condition.

Have you been running that head body combination? May I ask what batteries you are using?

wweiss

Enlightened

2 efest 18650. See my revised OPost - I stupidly forgot to explain how I used this setup, which pushes the envelope but works great...

thermal guy

Flashaholic

Ok got ya. Thanks.

wweiss

Enlightened

What? No one wants a Malkoff at a great cost? Unheard of...

thermal guy

Flashaholic

I just bought his new and improved18650 HD or yep I'd be all over this. 😁

wweiss

Enlightened
Thanks, Thermal for suggesting I get Gene's take on my overclocking the head. I'll report back on how long it lasts so far quite a while. I think Gene builds them very solid and is way conservative in his design/engineering.

archimedes

Flashaholic
Although I suppose Mr Malkoff might expect that his response to inquiries from CPF members may well end up being discussed here, it would still be preferred to paraphrase instead of posting "cut-&-paste" quotations of what appears to be a personal communication.